he misses you

Leaning against Oliver's chest, we watch the tv. Sofia sits with us on the couch, Ryan next to her, and Mark in the loveseat. 

Oliver and I haven't exactly stated that we're 'boyfriend and girlfriend', but it's pretty much implied. We've  gone on two more dates, one at a concert if a band I don't know but liked, and one to mini golf. Not sure if it counts as a date, since everyone else went with us, too, but we made out in his car after, so whatever.

The whole room is dark, since we're watching a scary movie, The Ring. It's more funny to me, since it's 3 in the morning, and Oliver jumps at anything. 

My phone starts ringing, and we all look at each other. I break into a smile, but everyone else seems freaked out. I pull up my phone and see the caller ID.

"Oh, chill, it's just Wilbur." He hasn't texted me in two weeks. "He never calls, so it might be an emergency, or something."

"Or he misses you." Oliver says, dramatically pouting. To no surprise, he isn't very fond of Wil and his 'obsession' of me and his music. 

I throw a pillow at him then step into the hallway, answering. "What's up?"

"Did I wake you?" He asks in a calm voice, seemingly nothing wrong.

"No. We're watching a movie. Everything okay?"

"Yeah, uh, just don't be mad, okay?"

I shoot my eyebrows down, suddenly worried. "What did you do?"

"This is for my education only. No other reason." He's silent for a second. "I'm transferring to Virginia."

God, no. He's already annoying on the other side of the world. "Are you serious?"

"I swear, my counselor told me it'd be a good pick since I'm switching to business."

I scoff. "Since when have you been interested in business?"

"Since last week!"

 I lean back against the wall. "How do I know you're not drunk and just telling me this as a joke?"

"Well, I'll be there tomorrow, if that's good enough proof."

"Tomorrow?!"

"Yeah, I can't miss my important education. It'd actually be great if you could meet me at the airport and help out, since I've never been to the States before."

I can't tell if he's crazy or genuine. "Wait, so it's 8 for you now, right? So, will you be here later  today for you, or seriously tomorrow?"

"Seriously tomorrow." He pauses, as if he's looking for something. "My plane leaves at, uh, 9:30, and I should be in Charlottesville by 5:30ish. Promise me you'll pick me up?"

"Yeah. Do you know where you're living?" I say a quick prayer that he's not the boys' fourth roommate.

"In an apartment off campus."

I let out a sigh of relief. "Okay. See you then, I guess."

"Thank you so much, Ellie. I owe you."

"Yeah, you do." I hang up and turn my phone off. I walk back in the room and lick my lips. "I'm going to die."

"What did he say?" Sofia asks.

"He's transferring here. He said it's a better education, which is such bullshit. And I gotta pick him up from the airport tomorrow."

"Well," Oliver sits up straighter on the couch. "Let me go with you. Show him that you've moved on."

I shrug and sit with him again. "That'd be good."

"Just don't try to act intimidating," Mark says.

"Yeah, that shit's stupid." Ryan adds. "The dude's tall, but not exactly the strongest. No need to try to scare him, anyway."

"How tall is he?" Oliver asks.

"Don't worry. He's 6'5", literally an inch taller than you."

Sofia smiles. "No need to get insecure. Dude's a stick."

"Don't say that," I tell her, grabbing the remote and resuming the movie.

a/n: sorry for the short chapter! please remember to vote if you liked! <3