she thinks youre cute

I park my car, looking at my childhood house that I haven't seen in months. I turn to Wilbur with a smile.

"You ready?"

He gives me a nervous smile. "I guess,"

I leave our stuff in my car for now, and we walk up to my front door. I knock, since the doorbell has always been broken, and it is quickly opened by mom.

"Ellie Rose!" She exclaims, grabbing me into a hug. "Oh, I've missed you!"

"Missed you, too, mom." I pull away after a few seconds. "And I told you about how I was bringing Wilbur."

"It's so nice to finally meet you." Wilbur says with a smile, going to shake her hand, but she hugs him instead.

"Ellie said you were tall, but I didn't think you were this tall!" Mom says, and Wilbur chuckles. I can't help but smile at how nervous he seems. "Come on in, you two. Your dad is still at work and Cora is at school. I figured you could surprise her by picking her up in about two hours."

"Alright," I say, Wilbur stepping in after me.

Mom invites us to sit on the couch with her, which we do. "So," She grins and sips her coffee mug. "How long have you two been together? I know you were just with Oliver. Ugh, he was awful."

Last night, Wilbur and I just made out them cuddled, not going any further yet. Since Sofia and Ryan have been busy all day, I haven't told anyone yet. But we're not together , or anything. Yet, I guess. I still need to tell Oliver it's over, now that I want to be with Wilbur.

"Uh, Oliver and I did break up, but Wilbur and I aren't together. I just didn't want him to be alone the whole break."

"Oh!" Mom says, seeming a little disappointed. "Well, I'm glad you're here, Wilbur."

"Thank you for having me," He says, and I can tell he feels awkward.

"Wanna see my room?" I ask him, hoping mom hasn't messed it up too much since I've been gone.

"Sure," Wilbur smiles at me, and we get up and go upstairs. Cora's room is right next to mine, and we share a bathroom, but I can tell she's been in my room since my old clothes and books are on the floor.

"Sorry it's a mess. Cora loves to go through my stuff."

"It's alright,"

I sit down on the edge of my bed and watch as Wilbur looks through my room. He laughs at my elementary year books, talking about how cute I was. He looks at my pictures of Ryan, Sofia, and me. He picks up and compliments everything on my art desk, flipping through every sketchbook and admiring each canvas.

I check the time on my phone, and see we have an hour until Cora gets out from school. "We should go ahead and get to the middle school."

"Your sister hates me." He says with a laugh, and I roll my eyes.

"No, she doesn't. Sofia just told her stupid shit. And she'll probably warm up to you quickly either way, if she thinks you're cute."

"Well, who doesn't think that?" Wilbur grins at me and gives me a quick kiss before we head downstairs.

"We're gonna get Cora." I tell mom, grabbing her car keys.

"Alright," She smiles at both of us, then we get in her car. I make Wilbur sit in the back since Cora loves sitting in the front seat.

We get to the school, and I park in the lot. We're an hour early, but Cora hates her last class, so I decide to be an amazing sister and sign her out early. I left Wilbur in the car, and tell the front desk that we're just leaving early to visit family for the break.

A few minutes later, Cora comes out. Her eyes light up when she spots me, and she runs over and gives me a hug.

"Finally!" She says, pulling away from me. "You haven't visited us in forever!"

"'Cause you live three hours away."

"That's not that far."

"Oh, shush." I thank the lady at the front desk and we walk out. "How was your day?"

"Long. Lucy and Jessie talked about all the stuff they were doing over break, while we're just staying home."

"Well, I brought someone." I grin at her as we approach the car.

She groans. "Is it Oliver? He was cute, but really stupid and not funny."

I laugh at her. "I broke up with him. I brought a friend."

We get into the car at the same time, and she immediately looks back at Wilbur. Her smile drops.

"You." She turns to me. "Why is he here?"

"Don't be rude!" I tell her while Wilbur just laughs. "He goes to school with me now. And we're good friends now, too. Plus, Sofia told you a bunch of bull shit. Wilbur is a great person, and you better be nice to him."

"Or what?"

"You don't get the special present I got for you."

"How good could it be? You have no money!".

I drop my jaw at her while Wilbur just dies with laughter. "I have money! But with how you're treating me, too, you obviously don't want what I got you. And you'll really like it. I promise."

Cora sighs. "Fine." She turns to Wilbur as I start driving. "I heard you put what I said about you in a song."

"Who told you that?" I ask her.

"Sofia. She texts me more than you do. Anyways, is that true, Wilbur?"

I hear the smile in his voice. "Yes, it is. You inspired me."

"Can I hear this song? If it's good, I'll like you."

Wilbur laughs and grabs the aux cord. "Well, I hope you like it then."