Chapter 8 - Angel

LETS PRETEND I HAVENT BEEN GONE FOR GOD KNOWS HOW LONG
please forgive me i just faded out of existence

The soft sound of chalk against the smooth blackboard comforted the ears of the blonde. The lighting in the morning classroom gave it a gentle glow, radiating a rather cozy warm vibe in the room, despite it freezing outside. The blonde busied herself with staring at a certain girl from across the classroom. Rainbowdash was resting her chin on her hand, pen tapping on the table. Her eyes were rested on the writing on the blackboard, ankles hooked together under her desk. She looked like she fell right out of heaven. Applejack felt the air punch itself out of her lungs when Rainbowdash glanced at her and smiled. She awkwardly grinned back then darted her eyes to anywhere but her. Please look away this is so embarrassing oh my god please please just look awa-

"Applejuice"

AJ snapped her head up, confusion written across her face. Ms Lee was calling her with furrowed eyebrows.

"Answer this question," Ms Lee stepped aside for Applejack to study the blackboard. Sheesh, she sure likes to target me.

After a minute or two, considering the fact that Rainbowdash had been distractingly staring the blonde down, using a bit of mental calculation to solve the question, Applejack finally spoke. "Answer is 420. Also, my name is AppleJack." She heard laughter from Rainbowdash's direction. She felt like she needed a medal for that 'achievement'.

"Okay, okay, Applejuice and Applejack same thing, whatever." Ms Lee rolled her eyes and wrote Applejack's answer, which was surprisingly correct, on the blackboard. She heard the students snicker at the teacher's ignorance. What a bunch of A-holes.

.

.

.

The bell rang, announcing the end of math class. Applejack heaved out a sigh of relief and packed up her stuff. She walked out the classroom, only to be greeted by Rainbowdash.

"How's math, Blondie?" She beamed with a toothy grin.

"Ehhh, dunno why the teacher keeps calling on me all the damn time. It's like the fifth time this week, and its only Tuesday," Applejack lamented, arms crossed.

Rainbowdash wheezed and replied with the classic "Sucks to be you."

"By the way, don't act like I didn't catch you staring at me just now." Rainbowdash smirked.

Fuck. "Wh- What bro no," Applejack giggled nervously, rubbing her neck. "Y-you know how sometimes you're just zoned out and you're staring at someone and you don't even know it? Yeah it's like that," She lied, lips pressed into a thin line.

Rainbowdash raised an eyebrow. She stepped closer to Applejack. AJ leaned back slightly, eyes wide. A little too close. She inspected the girl, like she was trying to read her mind. "Whatever you say, Blondie." She stepped back. Applejack let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. "Also, stop calling me that. I have a name."
"Oh yeah, sorry, Applejuice," Rainbowdash snickered. She received an eye roll.

"Whatever, let's get to class. I'll see you at the cafeteria?" Applejack adjusted her sling bag on her shoulder. The hallway was almost clear of students.
"Yeah, cya ." Rainbowdash grinned and sprinted toward the other direction. Just as Rainbowdash turned the corner, AJ heard a crash, followed by a hushed "Sorry".