Chapter 11 - Sky Full of Stars

i really need to stop hibernating every time i update im really sorry guys

reading your comments make me really happy tho!! :)

Out of all the things Applejack could lay her eyes on, from the TV screen to Rainbowdash's warm and welcoming household, she laid her tired eyes on the girl next to her. The soft glow of the street lamps spilled through the living room windows, forming square patches of light on the carpet. The dull blue sky had faded into a desaturated orange, welcoming dusk. The girls had a blanket spread over them while they sat on the couch watching Netflix movies. The entire room was illuminated by the flickering light of the screen.

Rainbowdash's eyelids were fluttering, shutting slowly and being ripped open again in order to keep herself from falling asleep. Her body shifted its weight and leant against Applejack, who had her leg casually swung over the armrest. The blue girl immediately began snoring. The blonde chuckled lightly as a blush creeped up her freckled face. The warmth of Rainbowdash's body was so comforting, Applejack felt like wrapping her arms around her and pulling her in infinitely closer; But she didn't. A sense of deja vu washed over Applejack as Rainbowdash's head fell onto her shoulder. Pink lips were caught between ivory teeth as AJ sneaked a glance at the girl's slack jaw, focusing on her lips. Applejack guiltily shook her head and lifted her head up towards the clock. I should make dinner. It's already seven.

Slowly, the blonde unraveled herself from the sleeping girl and grabbed the nearest cushion to rest under Rainbowdash's head. Cottoned feet briskly made their way over to the kitchen, attempting not to creak at the wooden floorboards. AJ turned her head back once again to check on the blue girl, who was thankfully still sleep and sound.

Applejack dug through the vintage cabinets for awhile, shoving aside cereal boxes and newspapers until she finally found a lone packet of pasta sitting in the corner. She fetched tomato sauce and broccolis from the fridge and pulled out a chopping board. A pot was retrieved and placed on the rusting stove. The whole process took her awhile because she was unfamiliar with this kitchen. She grabbed utensils from the sink side, accidentally slipping a spoon from her grasp. The shocked girl winced as it fell towards the floor, producing that obnoxious clattering metal of a sound. Panicked, Applejack popped her head out of the kitchen, letting out a heavy breath when she saw Rainbowdash had not awaken. She sleeps like a pig. The blonde shook her head affectionately and returned to her cooking.

"Woah, you made this for me?!" Rainbowdash yawned, voice slightly raspier from her sleep. "For us," Applejack corrected with a huff as she placed the forks down. She pulled out a wooden chair and settled down comfortably. Meanwhile the gremlin child had already started slurping up half of the spaghetti. "You're welcome for preparing dinner instead of the owner in her own house," AJ rolled her eyes and picked up her fork. "Uh-oh,yeah, thanks Blondie," the blue girl gave a thumbs-up. God curse Rainbowdash for deciding to add "You'd make a great house-wife" because the bewildered girl choked on her first bite. What is that supposed to mean?! Rainbowdash just barked a laugh at her, plate already cleaned. "Has anyone ever told you you get flustered so easily?"

Applejack ate her food uncomfortably as Rainbowdash kept staring her down. The girl had her chin rested on her palm, leaning forward with a grin. "Could you stop staring at me?" The blonde said, glaring at the girl. "Sorry, can't help it when a pretty girl is in my house."

AJ swore that her heart skipped a beat for a second. However, the strings pulled at her heart as she said the next sentence with a painful remainder,"You like Cherrytune, though." AJ poked at her broccoli, eyebrows furrowed and silence settled between them for a moment. Eventually, Rainbowdash opened her mouth. "Just because I like her doesn't mean I can't tell when someone's good looking. I mean, you got the freckles, the green eyes, the blonde hair and everything. You're a piece of art, there's no doubt that there are many guys who are head over heels for you." AJ's eyes widened.
Her cheeks burnt a bright red, trying desperately not to look like a tomato right then. Rainbowdash's little rant got AJ overwhelmed as she stuttered. "T-thanks I guess..?" Her voice wavering. Does she really think of me like that? Maybe it was the fact that Rainbowdash had very recently woke up from a nap, but she was being blatantly careless with whatever she was saying.
"Don't let it get to your head, though. You're still an idiot. Now quickly finish your food so we can do other stuff!" Rainbowdash said as if she were AJ's mother. Applejack huffed, cheeks still dusted a bright shade of pink as she resumed eating.