Chapter 6 - Novels and Books

AJ sighed and approached a random student, poking her shoulder. "Hey, could you tell me where the History class is?"

The girl looked up from her book, pushing up her glasses. "O-oh, sure! Its down the hall, third room to the left," She answered, pointing through the sea of students.

"Thanks, miss," AJ nodded and started towards her next period. I should be seeing Fluttershy here.

Pushing the doors open, the blonde stepped into the room and immediately glanced around for the pink haired girl. She spotted her sitting in the middle row, giving her a little wave and a friendly smile. The same procedure happened—where AJ introduced herself to the class. The teacher assigned her to sit at an empty seat near the front.

"Uh, actually, mister, I would like to sit next to my friend Fluttershy," AJ said, crossing her fingers.

"You seat where you are told to seat, lady. Now shoo," He said, waving her off. AJ cringed at his behaviour and sighed, shuffling to her arranged seat. She popped down beside a hot pink haired girl.

The student gave her a large goofy grin and immediately started introducing herself. Thankfully I'm not sitted next to a moron.

.

.

.

The day went by smoothly. AJ had only made two friends, Fluttershy and the crazy pink haired girl who kept talking to her waterbottle in History class.

AJ decided that she would head to the library now to return the book. Fortunately for her, the library was easy to spot within the school. The girl popped her book into a book return compartment and glanced at the time. I have so much time, might as well grab a book to read.

Applejack looked around her, admiring the library. It was huge. There were two sets of stairs that curved around a smaller version of a horse statue located in the center. The stairs led to a second story that held—well— more stories. (If you know what i mean). The roof was entirely made of glass, which the fluffy white clouds could be seen through. There were a few patches of snow laying on the glass. The atmosphere was pleasantly quiet, the only sounds were the flipping of pages and blaring of the air conditioners behind her. She even loved the smell.

AJ wandered off into a random section of the library. She scanned the shelves, looking out for a book that would grab her attention. Her fingers brushed the spines of the books as her emerald eyes landed on a title. Blue Pegasi. AJ took it. The book was coloured a navy blue which faded into a soft purple, resembling twilight. Gold embroidered the edges of the thick novel, as she glanced at the author's name. A.K. Yearling, my favorite author. This is promising.

The blonde flipped open the pages and started walking. She hoped there was an open couch where she could sit to read the book. Instead, she slammed into someone.

"Oof!" Both students tumbled backwards, falling on their rear ends.

AJ rubbed her tail bone, muttering a distinctive "Sorry".

"I-it's fine, I wasn't looking."

She looked at the girl before her, who was squinting her eyes. She looks familiar. A pair of glasses was laying on the carpet covered floor. The girl blindly reached out to grab it, missing it by a few inches. Eventually she picked it up and put them on. Ah, it's the girl from earlier.

"You're the girl i met this morning," AJ said, reaching her hands out to help the other student up. The girl took it and stabled herself. "Twilight. Twilight Sparkle," She smiled.