Chapter 5 - New Record, Ms Lee.

"Well, your first period is here," Fluttershy said, looking up at the classroom door labelled 'Mathematics'. "I'm guessing you know where the rest of your classrooms are?" She eyed AJ with a sweet smile. Her aqua blue eyes dug deep into AJ as she struggled to speak.

Oh shit. I was barely paying attention during the tour. I have NO idea where the other classes are.

"Yep! Remember them like the back of my hand." Why did I say that?!

"I'll see you in History later, then!" The pink haired girl grinned and waved goodbye at her new friend. AJ awkwardly waved back and took a deep breath before opening the door to the classroom. Gotta make a good impression on the first day.

Confident, she stepped into the room. Each step felt heavy, like she was dragging a whale behind her. Her eyes were peeled to the floor, school bag slumped over her left shoulder. She resisted the urge to make eye contact with anyone as she shuffled over to the teacher. All eyes were locked on her as she shifted her weight uncomfortably.

The woman was busy setting up the projector, unaware of the blond awkwardly stood beside her. AJ was about to speak when she interrupted her.

"Oh, you must be Applejuice, right?" The teacher pushed her glasses up.

"A-applejack. I'm new here," AJ cringed at the wrong name.

"Welcome to Canterlot High! You may call me Ms Lee." Ms Lee gave her a warm smile as she turned AJ to face the class.

Before her, Applejack met the gaze of a sea of students. They looked at her with curiosity, falling silent. The blonde quickly scanned the crowd, looking for familiar face. No Rainbowdash here. She sighed.

"Introduce yourself," Ms Lee said as she placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

AJ's heart thumped in her chest as her palms grew sweaty. "Hi," She started.

"My name is Applejack, I've recently just moved here," AJ eyed each one of the students nervously. "I hope I can make new friends and be welcomed here." She immediately looked down, showing she was done with her introduction. Wanting to keep it short and simple, she glanced over at the teacher for guidance.

"You may take a seat at the back," Ms Lee said as she pointed to two empty seats. The blonde nodded and made her way over, avoiding eye contact.

"I like her accent."

"She's pretty."

"Dude she cute."

AJ flushed red at these murmurs and sat down, slumping her schoolbag onto the floor beside her. The teacher returned to setting up her computer as AJ took out her math materials.

Clap clap
"Okay class! Let's get started shall we-"

"HEY MAMAS!" A harsh raspy voice interrupted the teacher's soothing one. The class directed their attention to the door, including AJ.

Rainbowdash stood panting at the door, holding the door open.

"New record today, Ms Lee. 12 minutes and 37 seconds only!" RD beamed, proud of her new record.

AJ snickered at the back, grabbing the attention of the latecomer. RD turned to look at Applejack, stunned.

"Blondie? You're here too?" She said, a grin spreading across her face. The class's attention was now directed back toward the blonde, who was flustered. AJ never liked attention, and she especially had stage-fright.