Chapter 1 - Soon To Be Called Home

Applejack put away the last of her clothes, slamming the closet door shut with a creak. As she swung the bedroom windows open, autumn leaves rushed inside and overwhelmed the girl with a chilly breeze, making her hairs stand on end. She immediately regretted her decisions and closed the windows. Spinning around, she faced her new bedroom of her soon to be called home and sighed. The room was nice and spacious, with a warm and cozy feeling. The last of Applejack's cardboard boxes had been moved out of the room, the air just a tiny bit dusty. The first thing Applejack wanted to do was to explore the park just outside.
"Winona!" She whistled for her dog, grabbing a scarf.

Winona replied with a bark, getting up on her paws and pouncing onto her beloved owner. The blondie tumbled to the floor from the impact of her furry companion. "Winona!", A bright smile lit up her face almost immediately. "I told you to stop that!" The dog just licked her face.

.

.

.

Applejack had her dog on a leash. She tightly clutched onto it, afraid Winona may wander off into the unknown town and get go missing—or even, hurt. The girl had a green scarf wrapped around her neck, her favorite colour since elementary school. She wore an oversized white sweater and blue leather jeans, afraid of getting a cold. Her golden locks hung over her shoulders. Usually, AJ would have her hair tied back into a pony tail. Since the weather was getting cold really quickly, she decided she needed the extra warmth and let her hair down.

She breathed in the autumn air and smiled at her dog, who returned the friendly gesture with a lick to her shoes.

Winona started barking after awhile of walking. Really loudly. "Quit it, Winona! What is it?" The blonde whisper-shouted at her dog and pulled on her leash. She motioned for Winona to quieten down, only to be ignored. Passers-by gave AJ a weird look as she buried her face in her scarf in embarrassment, heat rising to her cheeks. Damn you, female dog. Don't make me an embarrassment on day one.

A few moments later, the dog starting running towards a park. "Slow down, Winona!" Applejack panted, trying to keep up with her pet. "So sorry!" She quickly muttered as she bumped into someone. He shrugged and resumed to chatting with his pals. In just a few seconds, the world somersaulted as she fell flat on her face, slowly sliding across the cold slippery ground. "Ugh, the leaves," She grunted, hands still latched onto the leash. Winona licked her face and she got back up on her feet, groaning. The girl wiped the dirt off herself, shooting a glare at her dog.

"LOOK OUT, BLONDIE!"

AJ's eyes flew wide open, scanning her surrounding for the voice. She spotted a soccer ball flying towards her at a speed of Celestia-knows-what. Despite her panicked state, her quick reflexes allowed her to dodge the ball which collided into a tree behind her. A few leaves fell from the impact. She heaved a sigh of relief and pictured how embarrassing it would've been to just stand there and get hit in the face with a ball.

A girl in cool blue clothing jogged up to her. "What's up? I haven't seen you around before," She said, grabbing the soccer ball from the ground. AJ shot daggers at her. "Has your mom ever taught you manners before?", she raised an eyebrow. The first thing AJ noticed was her raspy voice, along with the extremely bright rainbow beanie from Disneyland. What a weird fashion sense. The silence continued, taunting the girls. The girl blinked at her, not expecting that response from a newbie. Snickering, she joked, "At least I have a mom."

Applejack gritted her teeth. What. The. Hell. AJ let go of the dog leash and grasped onto the collar of the girl's hoodie. "Listen here, you. MY MOTHER IS GONE. SHE HAD BEEN GONE FOR SO LONG AND NOBODY KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED. You are sick. How can you joke about that, have you got no sympathy you little piece of-" The blonde clenched her teeth, trying to stop herself from lashing out more of her bottled up rage. She squeezed her eyes shut, letting go of the girl's collar, who stepped back in shock.

.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't know, I really didn't. If I did i wouldn't have joked about-"

"It's fine, it isn't your fault." AJ's eyes fluttered open, a few tears pricking at it. Don't cry in front of a stranger, you idiot. Applejack looked at her feet, humiliated and frustrated. Despite her efforts not to, she burst into quiet sobs.

"..."

The girl in blue put her hand on AJ's shoulder, giving her a sweet smile of reassurance. Applejack sniffled, looking at the stranger. She gently rubbed the blonde's back and raised her hand to tuck her blonde hair behind her ear. AJ eventually calmed down, though her heart started racing.
Somehow this random stranger she got really mad at soothed her emotions and she stopped crying.
The girl dropped her ball on the ground to tighten the green scarf around AJ, tilting her head to look up. The blonde wiped her tears and locked her emerald eyes on the girl's magenta ones.

"I've had experience," The girl smiled, predicting AJ's question.

"This is the first time we've met and I've already made a fool out of myself, haven't I?"AJ laughed painfully.
"Let's have a redo. Trust me, I'm better than this."

.

.

"My name is Applejack. I moved to this town from the countryside, this is my first day here."

Applejack reached her hand out.

"Rainbowdash. Been living here since forever."

Rainbowdash grasped the blonde's hand and shook it, flashing a grin at her.

"So... friends?" AJ asked, picking up the soccer ball and tossing it to her.

"Definitely," RD caught it.

i rewrote the first paragraph months later because its so painful rereading it D: