Chapter 17

I just find hard to believe Syd was there waiting for us as if he knew we'd been there.

The only thing I can think about is he asked Pandora.

Anyway, after the meeting with mr. useless we met other two known faces.

The big guy who wanted to put us under arrest and the boy with him.

???:"Thanks for agreeing to help, kiddos! I apologise about before. I've been hearing nothing but good things about you."

???:"Uh, boss? They have names, you know. Anyway, thanks for agreeing to help, Miss Kat and Mister Y/N. The scary old guy here is Bulbosa...and I'm Syd's partner, Chaz."

Me:"Pleasure. And there's no need of formality."

Kat:"Phew...It sounds like this time our help is official. I really didn't care for sneaking all over the place. What do you guys think of Syd's plan?"

Chaz:"It'll be fine! Sure, Syd might have a few problems-"

Me:"Just a few?"

Chaz:"...but he's as sharp as a tack and he makes a killer candy gem. We've got this area covered. If you could go check on the fake for us, we'd appreciate a bunch."

Bulbosa:"The officers there don't know they're guarding a fake. For the good of the plan, make sure it stays that way."

Kat:"Roger! I'll go check on them and the fake gem."

She dashed in the air while I turned to the two.

Me:"Do you seriously believe it'll work? I mean, look what happened last time."

Bulbosa:"This time we planned throughly with this. Alias won't have this gem."

Chaz:"We considered everything. Nothing could go wrong."

That's right, he said it. And you know how Murphy's law work, right?

Me:"Suuuure. See you later."

I called for my chains and reached Kat, who was waiting me above.

Kat:"Do you think it might work?"

Me:"I honestly have my doubts"

When we reached the zone of the fale gem, we split up to gain more info. I went to an officer to find out something, but the answer was far from what I hoped.

Officer:"No need to worry, we've got everything under control here. My grandma's wish was to protect the sacred gem with my life, and I'm not about to let her down!"

Me:"Uh, good. Well, I'm sure you'll make her proud."

Officer:"Poor grandma, she's never been the same since grandpa's gotten sick. Even uncle Jeorge says so; he and aunt Sheila-"

Me:"(Whispering)And that's my cue to leave."

Yeah, let's just say he was still talking while I left. If I stayed he would've told me about all his family members.

I joined again with Kat, and neither she had big news. That's when the walkie-talkie turned on.

Kat:"Kat here. Syd, is that you?"

Syd:*How's everything looking out there? If all's clear; can you head up one of the towers and have a look around? We have to be vigilant. Alias is a master of criminal.*

Kat:"Alright, leave it to me. I'll head up and have a look."

Me:"I'll stay down here, maybe there's someone who've seen something."