Chapter 21

A day had passed after we brough the last piece of town back.

To be honest, we weren't sure about how to proceed. Until then, that was all we were focused.

That said, it's not like we didn't know what to do.

Raven was still around somewhere, and we had yet to find something that could help Kat to remember her past.

I proposed to go back in Pleajeune, since last time we were busy with the Echo accident and Gade.

We wandered around until we reached the ferris wheel.

Me:"Well, does anything look familiar."

Kat:"No...I'm trying hard, but it's like my mind was empty."

Me:"Don't worry, memories don't vanish forever. I'm sure we'll find something. Who knows, maybe a word, an item, or-"

Syd:"Hey!"

We both grimmed at the familiar voice.

Me:"-a nuisance."

Syd:"Yo guys! I was just looking for you. Funny how we keep meeting like this."

Me:"Yeah yeah, what's the problem this time?"

Syd:"Well, now that I got your ear, you've gotta hear me out. You see, there's this gang called the Snakerabbits running around causing trouble."

Me:"A...gang?"

That sure was a reminder, unfortunately for the wrong person. And not a happy one either.

Kat:"And? Let me guess, you want us to help."

Syd:"You read my mind! See, we need someone to infiltrate 'em to feed us some information. It'd really help us out if you could go undercover."

Me:"Seriously? Couldn't the police handle them? They aren't Nevi."

Syd:"After the incident in Endestria, we just don't have the numbers to deal with the Snakerabbits. And even if we did, the Snakerabbits would smell an undercover from a mile away. That's why I though of you! They're all about flying, and you Kat are the queen of flying! It's a brilliant plan, really."

Me:"Flying how exactly?"

In that moment there was a loud noise of engines coming from the staircase.

Some flying boats came up at high speed. Kat managed to get Syd down while I jumped away.

They all had the same sign: a bunny face with chimneys in place of the ears, half black and half red.

I stared at them while they flew away.

Me:"Guess that's my answer."

Syd:"See! That's why we need you!"

Kat:"Those people are crazy! We can't let them go off like that!"

Syd:"That's the spirit! You'll be doing the city a huge favour! I'd love nothing better than to go in and arrest every last one of 'em, but to be honest, we don't even know where they're staying, who their leader is, or even how many of them there are..."

Me:"So you know nothing, great. Well, guess I'll go then."

Syd:"Uhm, where to?"

Me:"To wherever they're hiding. I'll deal with them."

Syd:"Wait, you? I don't know..."

Kat:"Yeah, flying is my thing, it should be me."

Me:"True, but I'm far more experienced with gangs and stuff, and speed is MY thing. Don't worry, I'll catch up later."