Chapter 30

Despite the fact Gade was now our neighbour, we managed to rest a little.

After making some cleaning, since there was a whole year of dust.

And yet, Kat's mood wasn't better at all.

Me:"So, what's the deal? It's not like you to be so grim."

She didn't answer at all.

Me:"...You could at least reply."

Kat:"Y/N...I...I think I'll take Yuri's offer."

That honestly caught me off guard. No wonder she didn't say a word.

After my display, she was scared of what I could have said.

Me:"Well, I can't say I like it. What is the reason?"

Kat:"Just look around. This isn't the Hekseville we knew, everything changed so fast."

She sat down on her bed as Dusty tried to cheer her up.

Kat:"It's just like when I woke up here. I need to know what happened and I believe Yuri might help me out to understand."

Me:"...In that case, do as you wish: take his offer."

Kat:"...By myself?"

Me:"I believe I said what I think about the army."

I layed my hand on her shoulder.

Me:"But this is important for you. Go."

She smiled up a bit and started to float.

Kat:"What will you do in the meanwhile?"

Me:"I'll try gathering the more clues I can about Raven and the Ark. If they reached Hekseville, somebody must know."

Kat:"I truly hope they're ok...well...see you later, then."

She flew off as I waved at her. Then I heard coughing and my attention shifted behind me.

Gade:"I must say, she's getting better and better at this, don't you think?"

Me:"How long were you eavesdropping?"

Gade:"Eavesdropping? Me? If you don't want to be heard, than speak lower."

Me:"I'm not in the mood for jokes."

Gade:"Such anger at your age...you've seen it hard, haven't you?"

I kept staring at him, annoyed by his demeanor.

Me:"Look, I want the truth. Do you really not know what happened to Raven and the kids?"

Gade:"Listen, I'm sorry, but as I told you I can only create. I have no control of what happens next, it's beyond my reach."

Me:"Maybe yours...but not someone else's."

Gade:"Aaah, now I see. You met Bit, didn't you?"

Me:"You mean you didn't know? He's a Maker like you."

Gade:"It's not like we Makers control each other's work, though in case of need we can communicate."

Me:"So he knew about Kat's meeting with the Dream Guardian because his job is to observe?"

Gade:"That sums it up. So the Dream Guardian already made contact with her, uh? I guess something big is coming down."

Me:"Bit told me the same. And also that once we'll deal with it you guys will send me home."

Gade:"Did he now? Eh, it's been a while since we gathered up all together in one place."

Me:"Anyway, I'm losing time. I'm going."