Chapter 29

Now, you might believe climbing the giant tree was simpler than when we had to go down, right?

Well you're wrong! It was the same nuisance!

We were moving upwards the more we could, getting rid of the Nevi around.

Kat:"Damn, to think we were so close..."

Me:"Sorry, guess my bad luck is starting to affect you as well."

Kat:"You think you're unlucky?"

I didn't even bother to answer, for to me it seemed rethorical.

Me:"Say Kat...about what you and Dusty did before, the whole panther thing..."

Kat:"I...don't know. It was like I was overflowing of power, but it wasn't me, it was Dusty."

Me:"Now that you used that power, do you think you could do it again?"

She stopped for a moment and tried to focus. But she just shook her head.

Me:"Hmm. But what exactly happened to you? I never saw you after I woke up."

I did know about her meeting with the Dream Guardian, but since Bit didn't want to be known, my leaps were sealed.

Kat:"I kinda had a weird talk with Cyanea."

Me:"...Cyanea?"

Kat:"But she was weird. Her voice was different and it was like her eyes were staring at my soul. I believe she's another Creator, like Gade, but I'm not sure how it works."

Me:'Wait, so...Cyanea is the Dream Guardian?'

Ghost Rider:'Or this entity resides within her, and she's unaware of it.'

While going up, we got too close to a gravity storm, so we had no choice but to enter the tree.

Surprisingly enough, Kat was now able to use her powers even inside there.

Odd, but handy since it spared us a lot of climbing.

Kat:"I know it was only a few days ago when we came down this way, but it feels like a lifetime ago..."

Me:"You're not wrong."

Suddendly I heard a scream. A human scream. Kat halted immediately.

Kat:"You heard that too? It sounds like someone's down here."

???:"Hello? Is anyone there?"

Me:"Someone IS down here! We'd better find him right away."

Kat:"Where could he be?"

I used my eyes and scanned the zone. I noticed a soul right above us.

Me:"Over there!"

Kat:"Got it!"

The one who screamed was a young man on his thirty. We landed in front of him before some Nevi could attack.

Kat:"What are you doing down here? Are you alone?"

Man:"Whoa, the Gravity Queen and the Demon King! I'm so lucky you came along. I was down here looking for something, actually."

Me:"And you're looking in a place like this!? How did you even arrive here?"

Man:"Well, I followed the pillar, and one step lead to another. I finally found what I was looking for, but one of the Nevi surprised me, and I fell."

Me:"You're lucky you're still in one piece!"

Man:"Please, you got to take me up to that big flower-shaped rock! What I'm looking for should still be there."

He aimed a point way above us.