Chapter 19

That...I admit it caught me off guard.

I could expect many things, but that was something unbelievable.

I even took it as an insult. I mean, me, a Demon King?

And as if it wasn't enough, all city knew my identity. Once again.

It was like a curse, and I could do nothing to stop it.

All the people were still around me, waiting for a reaction.

It was disgusting. It missed only a showman shouting: 'Get closer to have the best seats! Come and see with your eyes

the freak.

Yeah. Totally felt like that. And writing it down doesn't make it better.

They started whispering each others, men women and children, and that's when I had it enough.

Me:"What are you looking at, uh!?"

They all stepped back, and I had to struggle for keeping my flames inside.

Me:"Leave me alone!"

I threw my chains and reached a rooftop, then I ran away moving in the air.

I couldn't accept it. But what could I do?

And as if it wasn't enough, it wasn't over yet.

???:"Hmm, you don't seem very pleased by this development. You don't like the nickname, pheraps?"

Me:"Wha-!?"

That got me bad, and I almost crashed against a window, but I managed to make a swirl and fell among the trash cans.

While I slowly stood up, trying to remove the garbage from me, I heard his annoying laugh.

???:"Well, whoopsie. Guess I should have waited a better moment. Sorry, man."

I didn't even turned to him as I could recognise that voice anywhere.

Me:"What do I own the pleasure, Fu?"

Indeed, the purple guy was above me, landing slowly next to me.

Fu:"Oh, nothing very important. Say, this world is rather simple compared to those you've visited so far. Do you like it?"

Me:"What's with this question? And why are you even here!?"

Fu:"Hey now, there's no need to be rude. I'm just curious about you, I already told you that. Besides, it's not very easy to follow you when you leave by your own."

Me:"Well sorry if you weren't there to keep your end of the deal and taking me back home!"

Fu:"Fine, fine, that I deserve. Are we even now? Want to puch me?"

I couldn't really believe how annoying he was getting. I don't know if I would have taken his offer.

A part of me wished I had, though.

Me:"Just leave me alone, ok? I really don't want to deal with you now."

Fu:"...Fine, as you wish. Just remember, I'll be aside watching you, so call me if you need me. Bye-Bye!"

And after waving his hand, he vanished in nothing. Once again.

My thoughts about him are still undefined.

Even today he keeps controlling all my moves.

I admit he helped me various time, but still...

Anyway, after that short meeting, I can't say I was eager to reach the streets again.