Chapter 27

To be honest, I wasn't sure of what to say.

There he was, the weird kid who seemed to know about me and followed me wherever I went in Hekseville.

And apparently even more.

???:"What's wrong? You don't seem pleased by this."

Me:"Well, sorry I'm not happy to talk with somebody I don't know at all!"

???:"Hmm, I suppose that is true."

Me:"Enough of this! You have a lot of things to tell me! I-"

He raised a hand and his yellow eyes seemed glowing.

???:"Wait. Not here. Let's talk somewhere we won't be bothered."

Suddendly, everything became dark. I could see nothing around me, and the kid was gone.

Me:"Where are you!? Show yourself!"

???:"I'm right here."

I turned back. He was floating on some kind of orb, bat that wasn't all.

His clothes changed, became more like a orange body suit, and his turban was a helmet. And further, he had a third eye on his forehead.

???:"Did anybody tell you that you shout too much?"

Me:"Who are you? Really."

???:"You should be more specific. If you're asking for a name, then you can call me Bit."

He floated a little closer, his eyes on me.

Bit:"Instead, if you mean about my identity, then you can see me as a sort of...'engineer', I believe it's the right term."

Me:"Wait, engineer of what? Of this place? What IS this, actually?"

Bit:" 'This', is known as the Brink. See it like a dimension between dimensions."

Me:"So it's like a bridge?"

Bit:"It's far more complicated. And about the other question, my work is to preserve the balance of the world."

Me:"The balance?"

A small thought started to take form, and I finally knew who I was talking with.

Me:"...You're like Gade, aren't you?"

Bit:"...I suppose you could say that. I am a Creator, but unlike him I do not have the power to create, only to preserve what already is."

It was kinda hard to take. To think there was an other Creator beside Gade, who claimed he made the world...

Well, it sure was a shock.

Me:"I can't believe it. Are there any other beside you two?"

Bit:"Just one more, and she's currently busy with the Gravity Queen."

And that's where he lost me.

Me:"...What?"

Bit:"That's part of the reason I came to you now. It's too soon for the Queen to learn my existence."

Me:"Hey, wait a moment, what is this Creator doing with her?"

Bit:"Nothing you should worry about. She's trying to open her mind, to take a different view of the world."

I wasn't sure of what that meant, but he ignored my confusion and went ahead.

Bit:"But enough with her, she isn't the reason we're here."

Me:"Ok, then why are we here?"

Bit:"As I told you, my role is to keep the balance. If something was to happen and crash the balance of the world, I should do what I can to prevent it, or fix it."