Chapter 32

Cyanea's return was completely unexpected for us. Kat and I filled her with questions.

But she could answer none. She didn't know about Raven and the others, and neither how she reached our home.

Whatever happened, it had to be the doing of the Creator inside her.

Kat was hoping she could talk to her, but Cyanea never gave signs.

While waiting for the Guardian to awake, the two of us went to Vendecentre, trying to free our mind.

Me in particular. Although I couldn't remember the meeting with that weird guy, the memory of that dream was still fresh in my mind.

Kat:"At least we know they're ok..."

Me:"...Uh, what?"

Kat:"Raven and the children. Cyanea was with them, and if she's back maybe the other will as well."

Me:"Oh. Well, I guess."

Kat:"Y/N? Are you ok? You don't look very well."

Me:"No, I...I just had a weird dream."

Kat:"A dream...Funny, I had one too."

Me:"You had?"

Kat:"Yeah, it was weird. Alias was back, Dusty split up in many copies...I think it may be related to Cyanea."

Me:"You think so?"

Kat:"Well, I had a similar experience when I met her 'other self', but...there's something I can't remember..."

I was curios to hear about that, when we saw Gade standing in the middle of the square.

Kat:"Gade, what are you doing here? Hey, is Cyanea here too?"

Gade:"The end is nigh. Are you two ready for it?"

He wasn't joking. And once again, a weird chill went up my spine.

Kat:"The end!? What are you talking about?"

Gade:"Call it a Creator's intuition, but I sense a disturbance in the fabric of reality, as if a great many things were moving toward their conclusion. It may be your last chance to go to the rift planes or to take care of other business. Something big is about to happen."

Me:"But we already knew about that. What will it be, Nevi again?"

Gade:"I'm afraid that answer is beyond me. But whatever it is, I know you two will take it. Your fate is in your hands."

Once again, a useless answer I didn't need. I started leaving while Kat rushed to reach me.

We didn't really have a destination, but then the people began to pass by, forming a crowd.

Me:"What the..."

???:"Oy Kat! Ice cream for the road?"

We both turned around. The same old man we met a couple of times was selling ice creams.

Me:"That guy? When did he find a job?"

Kat:"It happened recently, it seems. I met him the other day."

We reached his stand and he greeted us with a large smile.

Kat:"What's with the crowd? What's going on today?"

Aujean:"Mayor D'nelica is about to make his big announcement. Everyone is here to listen, so today's the day I finally make my big score! These cones are on the house!"

That said he gave us two vanilla ice creams.

I didn't really complain, but to be honest, I prefer pistachio.