Chapter Six: The Murder

Dark, grey, stormy skies surround the streets giving off a horrid, tense feeling. The sound of rain hitting the concrete floors while the hissing of the big, loud gusted of winds that swirl around the trees fills the busy streets. Flashing red and blue lights shine bright, the sound of heels hitting the wet, concrete floor emerges, its Office Jennifer, she looks heartbroken as she stares down to Mr. Smith, who had been laying on the floor the majority of the night.

"We have a white, male body, Name Mr. Smith, age between 40-45, appears to have been shot in the back, the examiner said he has been dead for about 3 hours, we will bring the body now."

Officer Jennifer shocked at what she has just witnessed takes a deep breath and carries on with her job. Her team prepares the body for transport. "I wonder if Melody knows anything about this?" she mutters to herself. "Right you guys finish up here, I am going to speak to someone who may know what happened here". Officer Jennifer quickly walks back to her car with the phone in hand, then proceeds to drive off into the stormy sky.

***

A loud, annoying, beeping sound from my alarm fills my room, disturbing me from my deep, long sleep. My eyes feel heavy like they are filled with sand making it difficult to open while my room is freezing and dark from the stormy winds that reside outside my window sending chills through my body allowing goosebumps to form. I'm finally awake! I look up to my ceiling thinking about last night's finding, "I can't believe the information we found last night" I think to myself, "I need to know what Mr. Smith knows about the son?". I jump out of bed and quickly get dressed while texting Wyatt and Leo.

"Hey Guy!, sorry I know it's early but the library, opens in an hour and I need to know what Mr. Smith knows about the son of the robbers!!

you guy's in? if so meet me at the bottom of my street in half an hour and we will all go together.

Melody X "

Ensuring I have everything, I proceed to run downstairs. Just as I reach the middle of the stair I heard my father and mother crying I look around and see them sat around the table hugging and comforting each other while Officer Jennifer sit opposite looked heartbroken. I'm confused, all I can do is stand and stare as I try and figure out what has happened.

"Hey Officer Jennifer, what's going on?" I speak alerting them of my presence.

"Melody, Mr. Smith was murdered last night" my mother blurts while holding father's hand. My family and Mr. Smith have known each other for years before Mr. Smith became a librarian he worked with my father in a factory but he left to work at the library.

"Melody!" Officer Jennifer calls bringing me back to her, " were you at the library last night?"

"Yeah, I was with Wyatt and Leo doing some research" I respond.

"Did you noticing anything when you were there?"

"No, not really! Mr. Smith was speaking to us before he locked up and everything seemed fine!". Officer Jennifer looks down at her notebook trying to figure out what to say to me next, "Actually!" I speak " when we were leaving, I noticed he was pacing up and down nervously, we just thought he had a date and he was anxious.". Officer Jennifer looks at me like I have just given her an idea.

"He might have been coming home from a date and ended up in a robbery gone wrong?" she mutters, not realizing she is speaking out loud.

"Wait, you're saying it could have been random?"

"It's possible, all his personal belongs were gone"

"BEEP, BEEP"

Wyatt's car horn echoes through my house, catching everyone off guard, " Oh that's Wyatt we were going to go study" I mutter.