Chapter Nine: The Escape

Darkness spreads through the long, decaying tunnels as the night continues. The sound of flowing water splashing against the rotten, cold, concrete floor mixed with the heels clomping as they walk by, fills the room, while a cold, frozen breeze swirls gently around our bodies. I feel sick, I don't know where I am? a sharp pain runs through my head making everything feel dis-orientated like I'm drunk, my eyes feel heavy making them difficult to open. As I attempt to open my eyes everything seems blurred, all I see is shadows walk by, then coming close to me. "She's waking up?" A voice appears, "About time!",The voices muffled making it hard for me to hear.

Finally coming too, the harsh flickering light that hangs above me hurts my eyes as they begin to adjust while a sensation of coldness rushes through my body from being sat on the wet, damp floor. I try to move my head to look around but it hurts, the only thing I can see is my breath escape with every breath I take.

I can finally see, the room is small and cramped, the walls coated in damp and moss while the floor is covered in patches of water. As I slowly turn my head I notice Wyatt sat next to me, still unconscious...

"WYATT WAKE UP, WYATT " I shout, "He will be out for a bit longer I think?" I turn my head and notice Leo is stood hunched over in a dark, shadowed corner.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?" I scream with anger,

"He only did what I wanted him to do!" a calm, sneering voice appears from the shadows.

My heart beating hard with fear "Just come out... Miss Marshall!".

Heels catch the floor as Miss Marshall walks out of the darkness from the other side of the room, with a smirk on her face. "Oh, so you know it's me" she responds within a surprised tone.

"I had my suspicions, but I just needed proof, I can see I finally got it."

Miss Marshall comes closer to me staring into my eyes with an annoyed look on her face, which causes my heart to skip a beat.

"You think you're so smart don't you melody?" she chuckles, while grabbing my cheeks "But I'm smarter!, you see I was able to find the jewellery without even having to do a thing.. because you did it all for me".

Wyatt starts groaning as begins to wake up, interrupting Miss Marshall, "What's going on? Where am I?" Wyatt mutters, "Miss Marshall? What are you doing here?".

"She's the one behind all of this!" I respond I can feel my heartbreak with betrayal, I knew I had my suspicions but I didn't want it to be true after she did for me and school I wanted it to be someone else.

"What do you mean, she's behind this?" Wyatt questions.

"she's been the one following us, murdering people too!" I respond with a tearful tone.

"When did you know?" Miss Marshall interrupts.

"When you took me to Brunch and started asking me loads of questions that's when my suspicions started, but when Wyatt showed me the email and it was signed UK5.13118, I managed to work out it said unknown E. Mar meaning Emma Marshall. Then when you mentioned the key and said Leo had told you, I knew his and yours arriving at the same time couldn't of be a coincidence, you're his aunt!".

"Clever Girl!" Miss Marshall responds in a sarcastic tone.

I can feel tears rolling down my cheek dripping on to my pants while my body shivering from being sat on the cold floor. I turn my head and I can see Leo still hidden in the corner, his face full of regret and guilt but is body language full of fear from his aunt Miss Marshall. On the other side, I can hear Wyatt's heavy breathing, as I turn to look at him his eyes full of anger, while his body shivering from the cold. I don't know what to do?.