She's hot! pt 2

Y/n's pov

It's been a week since they've taken Minho, Sonya, and Aris. Of course I miss Minho more than the other two. I know, I know, I only met Minho two weeks ago but he was very nice to me. I was crying because they took Minho, but also because I really thought I could've gotten another Kaleb. Not that he could be replaced, but it'd be nice to have someone like him around.

I've been hanging out with Newt more, but we didn't click like I did with Minho. I've been asking to hear stories about Minho, that's mostly what Newt and I converse about.

"Can you tell me, about him?" Newt looked to me. We were under a tarp that served as shade, looking out to the desert.

"What do you want to know?" He took a bite of some mystery meat in a can.

"What's he like?" Newt handed me the can and fork and I put a small piece of meat in my mouth. I handed the can back Newt.

"Well, the shank was a man with attitude. He'd make a joke about anything and everything. Any sarcastic comment you can think of, he'd say it." I shifted uncomfortably with how unpleasant he was making Minho sound, I think Newt noticed. "But he was a great friend. He was determined and always had the best intentions." Newt put his arm around me. "You two would've been best buds." I sighed and played with my necklace.

Newt telling me about Minho did make me feel better.

-

Eventually we had to start rebuilding, so we started by cleaning up the place. Vince put me and Frypan in charge of all the food, we were to collect all the food we could find.

"Okay Y/n you go on that side and I'll cover over here." I nodded at Frypan and started towards the west side of the base.

First place I checked was a cluster of boxes. To occupy my mind, I thought about Minho.

What's he doing right now? Maybe he's in a cell. Does that Teresa girl visits him? Thomas told me about her intentions. I get what she's trying to do, but why Thomas? Why not a different kid. Why Minho? Why Minho? Why Minho? I didn't realize I was crying until a tear fell on my cheek. Why am I even crying? It's just Minho. I only met him two days before they took him. Ew this can exploded. And it's not like he'd be thinking about me. Is he? No. Oh gosh, I heard what they do at WCKD. What if he's dead. More tears fell from my face. I jumped when a hand was placed on my shoulder.

"Relax, it's just me." I turned around to see Harriet. I sighed looking at her. "Are you okay?" Oh shit, I forgot I was crying. I fake laughed.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just yawned." I tried to cover my face by looking away.

"Listen, you can talk to me you know?" Harriet placed her hand on my shoulder again. I smiled.

"I know, thank you." We both stayed there sympathetically smiling. "Listen, I'm sorry about Aris and Sonya."

"No it's ok, I mean your boyfriend was taken so I'm sorry for you." Harriet shrugged.

"Oh no, he's not my boyfriend. We only met like nine days ago." I explained. He could've been my boyfriend, but no.

"Oh, seemed like he was. Anyway, I'm still sorry." Harriet squeezed my shoulder then walked away. I went back to finding the food cans.

She's cool. I like her hair. I can't believe she thought Minho and I were dating. It's crazy we've only known each other for not even ten days, and we've only been in the same air for two. I mean if we were dating, what would that be like? We'd be the hot couple, obviously. I finally filled the box full of food with what I could find, I started walking back to the food tent. Maybe if we get him back, we can date. What if he finds someone else at WCKD? Pshh no I'm the best there is. I finally reached the tent.