Soulmates don't exist

I have rewritten this one :)

INSPIRED BY @/newt2thicc._ ON TIKTOK
!!!!FOLLOW THEM!!!!
I LOVE THEIR VIDEOS

"Do you believe in soulmates?"

Minho and Y/n were sitting at a table eating a very late dinner, far from the bonfire. The new greenie was a little boy named Chuck, the two weren't very fond of him because they didn't know how to act around him.

They were very close as Keeper of the Runners and one of the best runners. Over the years, they both developed feelings for each other but unfortunately, were completely oblivious to the others' infatuation.

Y/n turned her head to Minho with raised eyebrows.

"What?" She asked picking her fork up and poking at her vegetables. Minho looked up to the girl.

"Never mind, stupid question." He said shaking his head. Y/n sighed.

"Okay..." She looked out to the roaring fire. "I don't think they exist." She shrugged, forcefully putting a cherry tomato in her mouth.

"Why not?" Minho asked.

"Because," She paused to turn around and spit the tomato out. Minho cringed but pushed pass it to hear her answer. "If everyone has a soulmate, then why do people die single?" The girl asked looking into his eyes. Both their hearts pounded out their chests.

"Good point." Minho cleared his throat then went back to his food.

-

Saving Newt wasn't the only mission Minho had when running to Brenda for the serum. He also ran to save the girl he had been in love with since the Glade, Y/n. Only a few seconds ago Minho was crouching in front of the suffering girl telling her how he felt. To his surprise, she confessed that she had those same feelings for him.

Her professing those same feelings to him, made him run faster. When he got to Brenda, all he could think of was saving her.

As Thomas was fighting off Newt, Y/n was on the ground against a pole coughing her last breathes. In her mind she rooted for Newt because she knew the struggles and suffering he was going through. Y/n knew her fate. Though they had the serum, they only had one dose. It wasn't just the flare she had, when they were taken to WCKD, they found heart palpitations. Her sickness had gotten worse by each growing day. She looked at her arms, her veins started to turn black, protruding from her skin. Y/n wasn't as far along as Newt was, but she felt the pain.

Watching Newt and Thomas collide hurt Y/n, but she knew he'd finally died. The way Newt finally was at ease, how his body lay still; free of any pain, she was jealous. She sat up on her elbows trying to stand but she couldn't.

Watching her friends look at Newt on his deathbed made her more sad. Tears invaded her eyes. Y/n tried to hold back her sobs but she couldn't. Just as she coughed, Minho looked to her and ran up to her side. He brought her in his arms looking into her eyes as she looked into his.

"Get me the serum!" Minho yelled to Brenda. The girl ran to his side and handed him the serum. He quickly opened the vial then brought it to Y/n's mouth. Before he could pour the liquid down her throat, Y/n blocked the entrance of her mouth.

"No, it won't work." She groaned. Minho shook his head.

"It has to!" He said to her cradling her shivering body. Y/n shook her head back at him.

"It won't. You know it won't Minho. Save it." Y/n whispered. Minho closed his eyes causing tears to fall. Y/n brought her hand to Minho's face. "It's okay Minho. I'll be fine." Brenda took the vial from Minho and carefully placed the cap back on as tears clouded her eyes.

It took a few seconds before Minho could accept the inevitable.

"Y/n," He whispered to her caressing her face and stroking her hair. "I guess we aren't gonna be together in the end, huh?" He said with a stifled laugh. Tears fell from his eyes, some on Y/n's cheek. "Oh you're so brave Y/n. So, so brave, braver than me." Minho said wiping his tears from her face.

"Told you soulmates don't exist." Y/n croaked followed by a smile. Minho smiled at her then kissed her forehead.

"Maybe in another life." Minho stated. Y/n's smile grew shaky.

"Maybe, or maybe it's first loves that don't last." Her eyes fluttered and her body squirmed.

"Yeah, that's the one." He said in a low voice. Minho cried more looking over her face, taking in her beauty one last time. Y/n whimpered as flashes of pain coursed through her body; stinging and burning overcame her senses.

"It hurts." She shakily said. More tears fell from her eyes. Y/n brought her arms to around Minho's shoulders as he hugged her closer. She could see her friends standing behind Minho's back. There were streams of tears running down their cheeks. Y/n shut her eyes. "It hurts." She whimpered.

Memories crashed into Minho's mind. He remembered the long exhausting days on the Glade. Those days everyone was complaining how their body ached, even Minho with his big ego. The one Glader that didn't complain once was Y/n. Her body aches just as much as any other Glader, if anything more, but she never showed it and she never said it.

Minho knew that if her stubborn self was able to confess that she hurt, then he knew it must've been bad. Not even in the Scorch did she complain once, not when she came back from the Glade with gashes everywhere from Grievers or bruises covering her body.

Minho pulled away from his embrace to look at her. Even through her eyes that began to darken to a pitch black, she still looked as beautiful as ever.

"I love you." Minho softly cried through his smile. With his hand on her chest, he could feel the irregular beating of her heart. He eventually felt it slow down.

"I love you too." Y/n whispered under her last breath. Her eyes closed and her chest sank. Minho sobbed silently hugging her limp body close to his.

It took a while before his friends could pry Minho from Y/n's body. When they did, Minho continued onward to the berg knowing Y/n would've wanted him to continue and not give up.