GLADeRS au

Y/n has been working at GLADeRS for the past five years. She started out as an intern after she graduated high school, she was only 17. Y/n was able to get several scholarships for her excelling remarks at WCKD high school. GLADeRS was so impressed by her credits, that they accepted her as a full time salesman. Y/n had made many accomplishments within her time at GLADeRS.

Minho was a fellow co-worker of Y/n. He has also been working at GLADeRS for the past five years, he too started out as an intern. Minho graduated from WCKD high school in the same class as Y/n and he had the same excelling grades as the girl. Ever since Minho and Y/n tied for the student with the highest grades in freshman year, the two haven't been able to stop competing since.

Y/n and Minho were both valedictorian for their class. They both had the same number of sales each month and are both rewarded salesman of the year together. They hated it. They hated each other. They hated that they weren't able to beat the other.

They respected each other of course, to keep the peace. Their relationship was very passive aggressive and very petty infused. They'd avoid bickering with the other even if it was the thing they wanted to do most. Minho and Y/n would even flirt with each other. To them, the flirting was strictly for sympathy points.

Their office building was 29 stories high. They worked on the 28th floor and shared the same office. It was a square room with glass walls. The office was in the corner, it served a wonderful lookout to Safe Haven City. Their desks were in a right angle; in an L shape.

Minho was a handsome and dapper man at the young age of 23, Y/n was a proper young lady with exceptional manners at the age of 22. Both of their parents passed away, it was never a speaking subject.

Their co-workers Newt and Thomas, would have lunch with the two everyday. This meant that Minho and Y/n had lunch with each other. They didn't like it of course, but they dealt with it. They had lunch at the resturaunt across the street: Frypan's. They served all types of foods, mostly stew or soup. Frypan, the owner of said restaurant, was good friends with the four so they got a discount, half off.

March 15

"It's just a date." Thomas said, pausing to swallow his food. "And she's like the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." Thomas finished.

"Really?" Minho asked in an intrigued voice. Y/n rolled her eyes at his question. Could he be any more of a pig? Thomas nodded then pulled his phone out showing Minho the girl's social media. He even showed Newt and Y/n who were on the other side of the table. She is beautiful. Y/n and Newt raised their eyebrows at the sight of the beautiful girl.

"Teresa Agnes." Y/n read aloud the girl's name.

"Yeah, isn't it pretty?" Thomas asked putting his phone away and looking to the girl that sat in front of him.

"Very." Y/n stated not looking up from her nearly empty plate. She looked up when she noticed a familiar pair of shoes trotting towards their table.

"You guys need the check?" Frypan asked the four. They all nodded and Frypan went back behind the counter for their check. Newt, Y/n, Thomas, and Minho stacked their plates that were later taken by a bus boy. "Here guys." Frypan handed them the bill.

"Ok, looks like we all owe $4.50 plus tip." Thomas announced. They all pulled out a $5 bill and a $1 bill. They placed the money under an empty cup and left the resturaunt after saying bye to Frypan.

When crossing the street, Newt and Y/n would link arms. They usually did this when they were out together, they weren't dating but they were very close friends, he was like her brother. Today they didn't. When Y/n stepped onto the road, she was pulled back by her arm. This luckily stopped her from being ran over by a big container truck.