You gotta have protein baby

Running.

Running was my least favorite thing to do. Funnily enough, it was my boyfriend's favorite thing to do.

He was a runner. He ran everyday like there was no tomorrow. It didn't bother me of course. Well, actually it did bother me those days when he'd come back smelling like klunk. I'd sit outside the showers making sure he took his sweet time, ignoring his suggestions to join him.

Right now, I'm waiting for Minho to come back. I'm currently playing with Hunter, the Glade's pride and joy. The dog. He has thick white fur, striking grey eyes, and breath that'd kill you in seconds. Hunter is humongous. The tip of his ears reach the top of my thighs. Like I said, humongous.

"No! No!" I yelled at Hunter. He was standing on me with his hind legs on my lower hips and his front legs on my shoulders.

My stupid shuck self let my knees buckle right when Hunter ran to me. I fell back and shut my eyes, trying to hide from the blinding sun. Hunter was around 90 pounds. I was among the group of Gladers that couldn't carry Hunter. To my disadvantage, I was the only Glader who couldn't push Hunter off themselves.

I shielded myself with my stupid scrawny arms from the heavy ass dog trying to lick my face. His head is practically the same size as mines, if anything his is bigger.

When I opened my mouth to scream for help, I heard a loud and clear whistle coming from behind the dog. Hunters ears shot up and his head turned to the source. I was too busy trying catch my breath, I didn't bother looking where the dog did.

Once Hunter ran away, I took the opportunity to jump to my feet. I dusted off my baggy pants, that fell if I didn't use a safety pin, and fixed my hair.

Because I was really small compared to the other huge ass kids in this place, I wore hand me downs. The Creators were at least nice enough to give me bras and proper underwear, just not the proper clothes. I had to use the clothes that the long time Gladers wore when they got here. For example, right now I'm wearing the long sleeve shirt Minho wore when he first got here, it's still a little baggy, underneath a big t-shirt that Frypan wore when he first arrived. For pants, I'm wearing the ones Minho just grew out of, I had to use a safety pin to gather the excess fabric at the waist and cuff to bottoms to shorten the length.

When I looked to where Hunter was, I saw him playing with my favorite Glader. Minho. Minho was scratching behind Hunter's ears and rubbing his belly. I've never seen Hunter's tail wag so much.

As I began to walk towards the two, Minho looked up at me, his hands still roughhousing with Hunter. He flashed a smile at me to which I lightly smiled back.

"You alright there gorgeous?" Minho patted Hunter one more time before waving him off. He stood up straight stepping towards me.

"Now that I've got that beast off me? Eh, I'm alright." I joked with my hands in my back pockets.

When we were inches away from each other, Minho tilted his head pulling me into a hug. "Hey." He mumbled into my hair as I wrapped my arms around his shoulders. His hands ran up and down the length of my back. "Hey." I replied smiling to myself.

Ever since we became best friends, we always hugged every time he came back from the maze. This continued when we started dating. I'm glad for it.

As we embraced each other, I took in his scent. Fortunately this was a day where he didn't smell bad. It was woodsy, like if you went up to the pine trees in the forest and smelt the needles.

When Minho pulled away, he still held onto my body. He smiled at me as I took in his features. The way his hair perfectly swooped up and was brown tinted in the sunlight. His dark eyes that could kill you if you got on his bad side. His strong jaw and cheekbones. His beautiful smile.