Before the maze pt 2

Y/n and her friends have been at WCKD for three years now. They were all ages of eight and nine. They've all grown really close with the time they spent at recess, meal times, and school, really anytime they weren't in their rooms.

They've moved to different rooms, it had more space and had its own bathroom. Everyone still had the same roomates: Deedee with Y/n, Minho with Newt, Thomas with Alby, Siggy with Winston, and Ben with Gally.

"Girls, we have to get to breakfast!" Miss Ivy called from outside their door. Deedee opened the door allowing her and Y/n into the hallway.

They followed their teacher down a longer path to the cafeteria. They sat with their same friends and waited for their food from Miss Ivy.

"Here your are girls. Teresa can you please follow me, bring your plate." Miss Ivy said. Teresa shrugged at the other kids' confused faces and got up. She left the cafeteria with Miss Ivy to a room no one else had a clue about.

"Where do you think she's going?" Y/n asked her friends. They all shrugged.

"Thomas please come with me." Mister Angus said. He led Thomas out the cafeteria just like Miss Ivy had done with Teresa.

"That's weird." Ben commented, mouth full with bacon. Y/n cringed at his manners.

"Yeah." Minho replied smacking his lips. Y/n cringed more at the sound.

"Close your mouth when you chew." Y/n whined covering her ears.

"Sorry." Minho mumbled immediately changing his eating habits.

"What if they don't come back?" Siggy asked.

"Why wouldn't they come back?" Winston questioned. Siggy shrugged.

"Don't worry, they'll come back." Newt said looking to all his friends.

The rest of their breakfast was normal, they ate food and boasted about their "wonderful" life.

Coming back to her room, escorted by Miss Ivy,  Y/n noticed Deedee wasn't in the room.

"Where's Deedee?" She asked looking into the bathroom.

"Y/n, Deedee has been moved to another building." Miss Ivy replied sitting on the bottom bunk. Y/n furrowed her eyebrows and tilted her head. "But good new is, you'll have your own room and you can invite your friends for sleepovers when permitted to do so." The woman explained to the girl.

"Okay, that's fine then." Y/n paused as she began to climb up to her bed. "Will I ever see her again?"

"Yes, but only at lunch time now." Miss Ivy got up from her seat and went to the door before Y/n could say anything. "Be ready in thirty minutes for school." With that she closed the door.

Y/n looked to the clock, it was 8:26 in the morning. She dropped to the ground and went to her dresser. She put on gray shorts and her gray t-shirt, same clothing as any other day. She put her old clothes in her bathroom hamper and went on to brushing her teeth.

Miss Ivy knocked her door at 8:57 and Y/n burst out with her backpack on ready for the day. She followed the lady to her classroom and sat at her assigned seat. The seat next to Y/n that Deedee usually sat in, was empty. Her bestfriend was stripped from her life within seconds.