❝WELCOME TO JYP❞

9 years earlier

To say that Min Junmi was nervous was an understatement.

She was terrified.

So as she clutched her bag tightly, and glanced around the room that she had been told to wait in, the Min girl couldn't help but think of all the worst possibilities that came to mind. 

What if they didn't like her? What if she wasn't good enough and would be kicked out within the first week? What if she wasn't on the list?

Gulping down her fear, Junmi continued to swing her legs on the chair she was seated on, the bright lights, and wooden floor a mere blurr as she tried to escape reality.

Her parents had dropped her off outside, loving kisses placed on her cheeks as they painfully waved goodbye, hopes in their heart that perhaps their 13 year old daughter would be able to make it big.

"Is this the waiting room for the new trainees?"

It was a wonder that the Min girl's neck didn't snap as she had turned so fast, towards the door where a boy no older than her stood, black hair slightly messy, an anxious but warming expression upon his face.

Junmi nodded, and turned away.

With a small frown, the boy took a seat besides her, causing the Min girl to glance at him.

The silence was awkward.

"I'm Bang Chan," The boy introduced himself, a beaming smile on his face, a hand extended for her to shake. "But my English name is Christopher, or you can call me Chris,"

Junmi tilted her head. "English name? Are you not from Korea?"

Chan shook his head. "I'm Korean, I was born in Korea, but I've lived in Australia all my life,"

Junmi nodded in understanding before tentatively shaking the Bang boy's hand. "Min Junmi," She said slowly. "I've lived in Korea all my life. Are you older than me or- "

"I was born on the 3rd of October, 1997," Chan answered. "You?"

Junmi tutted in slight disappointent. "4th of October, 1997,"

"I'm older than you by a day!" Chan's tone was that of pure delight, before a smirk took hold of his expression. "Does that mean you have to call me 'oppa'?"

"Hey! You're only a day older, and besides," Junmi snorted. "We were born in the same year,"

As the two thirteen year olds continued to chat, both becoming accustomed to one another, more and more trainees began to trail in, girls and boys alike. Some looked older, and some were similar ages to Chan and Junmi. Overall, there had to be at least thirty trainees, all hoping to make it big as an idol.

When everyone had arrived, a staff member entered the room, everyone instantly jumping to their feet and bowing.

"Your trainee life begins here, and now," The instructor simply said, a slightly grave expression on their face. "You either make it or you don't,"

"Welcome to JYP,"