❝HOME❞

"I'm back,"

Junmi's soft voice dragged across the hallway, a woman peeking upwards, her expression melting as she saw her daughter.

"Min Junmi, why on earth haven't you been coming home? Do you know how worried I get?" Her mother, Ko Kyunghee, fretted as she pulled her beloved daughter into a warm embrace.

"I was busy," The Min girl rolled her eyes, although, she was soft at her mother's words. "How have you been?"

"Good enough," The Ko woman nodded as the two females took a seat in the dining table, a mug of coffee placed in front of the idol. "The hospital has been busy, and it has been exhausting, but I'm fine,"

"Where's Dad?" The Min girl questioned, craning her neck to see if she could spot the man in the living room. "Is he at the taekwondo place?"

"I'm right here,"

A man in his early fifties appeared, dressed rather well with a shirt beneath his navy blue jumper, a strict but gentle expression mirrored on his own face.

"Didn't you have a class today?" Junmi asked, smiling at her father. "It's Thursday,"

"One of the younger ones wanted to run it today," The Min man took a seat, taking in his daughter. "So I let her. I have to say, you look rather skinny, have you been eating?"

"Yes, and I've been sleeping well too," Junmi chuckled as her mother closed her mouth, satisfied with her answer. "I've been running every morning, so that's why I look a little thin, but other than that, I'm fine,"

"How are the girls?" Ko Kyunghee asked. "You should have brought them with you. I could've made plenty of food,"

"They're all doing great, but they've gone to their own families," Junmi yawned, shutting her eyes. "How have you been, Dad?"

"Tired, old, but still fighting," The older man nodded. "You're coming down to the taekwondo studio tomorrow, I want to test you,"

"Min Seokjun!" Junmi's mother muttered, sharply. "Your daughter has just arrived and already you've decided to fight her? What a father you are,"

"It's fine," Junmi smirked. "Besides, I think I can beat him,"

Seokjun's eyes narrowed. "We'll see about that, kid,"

As her parents continued to chat, Junmi relaxed in her chair, admiring the blue skys outside.

She was home.