❝WATCH YOUR MOUTH❞

9 years ago

"Why are you so nervous?" 13 year old Bang Chan glanced up at the sign that read 'Cheongdam High School', various students all dressed in navy blue whizzing past them, desperate not to be late. "It's just a school,"

"You've never been to a Korean school," Junmi mumbled, tightening the strap on her backpack. "They're quite ruthless,"

The Australian shrugged. "I'm sure it can't be that bad,"

Out of the corner of her eye, Junmi glanced at the Bang boy. She had not told him of the bullying she had experienced during her middle school years, the torment still fresh in her mind. 

She did not want to face it again.

"Just don't leave me, please," The Min girl begged. "I don't want to run into any trouble,"

Sending her his famous twinkling smile, Chan replied. "Of course I won't,"

...

"Now, we have some new students joining our class today. Please introduce yourselves and then you can sit down in those two empty spaces,"

The teacher slid away, allowing the two trainees to bow and introduce themselves.

"Hello," The boy went first. "My name is Bang Chan, and I'm thirteen years old. I was born in Korea, but I've lived in Australia all of my life. Please take good care of me,"

"Hello," The female followed. "My name is Min Junmi, and I'm also thirteen. I grew up in Yangju, but I moved to Seoul to do training at JYP. Please take good care of me,"

The class clapped, rather uninterestedly, having probably seen many transfer students in their lifetime.

"Wonderful," The teacher smiled. "Take a seat in those two spots there, and then, we can begin,"

The pair slid into their assigned seats, and exchanged looks that mirrored that of boredom and curiosity.

This was going to be interesting.

...

A hand thudded onto the desk, making Junmi look up from her chemistry textbook.

Her and Chan had been attending the high school for around two weeks, and things had been going relatively well. 

Apart from the judging looks and stares that the Min girl would receive on occassion for God knew what.

"I'm busy," Junmi muttered, returning to her textbook.

"Look at that, she can't even look at me," The girl in front sneered. "How pathetic,"

Choi Yoora. The school's self-procclaimed delinquent who liked to mess with every student that she came across, bar the few whom she liked.

Junmi sighed. "What do you want?"

"I heard that you hang around with a load of the boys at JYP," Yoora's voice lowered, her eyes raking the Min girl's figure in disgust. "What a slut you are,"

"Oh, really?" Junmi muttered, sarcasm dripping in her tone. "And you couldn't have anything better to do than question my trainee life?"

The expression on Yoora's face curled, a distasteful look embedded in her face. "I also heard what happened to you at your middle school," The Choi girl lowered her voice even more as she leaned closer. "How pitiful,"

At those words, Junmi froze. 

"H-How did you- "

"A little birdy told me," Yoora smirked in satisfaction at the girl's terror. "Tweet tweet!"

The clique of girls behind Yoora began to chortle, as the Min girl furiously shut her book and raced out of the door, almost running into Bang Chan on the way in.

"Mimi?"

...

I can see the lightbulb.

I can hear the clock ticking.

I can smell the luxury perfume that the girls wear.

I can see....

Junmi repeated the words over and over in her head, trying to calm herself down, a method that she had learnt whilst running from her middle school bullies.

"Mimi? Are you in here?"

Chan quietly locked the door, and his eyes fell towards the closed cubicle, where small sniffles were coming out.

"Mimi?" Chan asked, softly. "Can you open the door for me, please?"

"I don't want to," The Min girl answered, her voice hoarse.

"Why are you upset?"

There was a pause.

"When I was in middle school, back in Yangju, I was bullied,"

The Bang boy let out a little sigh of surprise. He then found himself returning to the conversation that they had earlier in the week, of how Korea was rather ruthless when it came to bullying.

"They hurt me because my family wasn't rich, and thought they could do anything to me," Junmi sniffed. "I was so glad when I moved to Seoul, I thought I wouldn't have to suffer again, but apparently not,"

Cautiously, the Min girl opened the door where she saw Chan looking at her with an unknowing expression.

He then opened his arms. "Come here," He gestured, and carefully, the Min girl entered his arms, relaxing ever so slightly.

"You're gonna be okay," He whispered.

...

"Back already, are we?"

Yoora smirked as Junmi shuffled into the room, not meeting anybody's eyes.

"What a slut you are," Yoora commented. "First you come here with Chan and then we hear that you hang out with a load of the boys at JYP. So typical,"

"Watch your mouth," Chan's tone was cold as he glared at the Choi girl. "Just 'cos you're rich doesn't mean that you can pick on everyone else,"

Yoora raised her eyebrow, not wanting to risk pissing off the boy and instead, turned back to her group.

"Chan," Junmi smiled, softly. "Thank you,"

"Anything for you, Mimi,"