Chapter:7

Unedited....

************

The next time when Salina woke up, she feel lost as she stare ahead. Her emotions everything feel numb, painfully numb. This time she remember everything even her luck run out, there was not much to begin with. She thought a chuckle will be sounded to compliment her sarcasm but nothing. A tear tickle down her eye. She lost everything. Every little thing she held dear and loved.

'Did not you love Aaron too?" A voice mockingly whispered. Her lips turned up emptiness gawk at her stomach when the door to her room opened.

"Mrs.Valentine, You need to eat something" The butler put another tray of warm soup infront of her. She did not react at all. She even forgot how many times he did that.

"Please eat something, Madam" The butler looked down.

"Take it and get out. How many times do I need to tell you?" She said her voice soft. She feel drained even though a part of her wanted to scream.

"Please Madam"

"Sir specially instructed us to.." She let out a humorless laugh hearing those words. After every thing he did after everything she went through. She scoup a spoon full of soup before throwing the whole bowl at the butler not caring that it hit his hand.

"Don't try my patience, just fuck off" She yelled noticing blood trickling down, her eyes trailed over to his hand. It was a mess.

"Mrs.Valentine, I can understand what are you feeling but..." She froze, understand, how could he say understand her when she herself is struggling? Is he mocking her? Her lips lifted up into a smirk before laughing again. The hollow sound of her laughter echoed inside her.

"Is that so?" She asked standing up her voice low. Her arms crossed.

"Why don't I kill your son and then you tell me the same thing?" Salina said mockingly. She did not know why she is taking it out on him but she feel like drawing. She need to do something about this anything just so she would not feel like this.

"What a pity! He is already dead" She snickered her eyes glint coldly a smile touched her lips. The old man was trembling his head even more lowered.

"You are right, you do understand" She smiled nodding her head before laughing out loud. She know she needs to stop. She had to stop yet bitter words where spilling out of her. And for once she just wanted to cry.

"I am sorry, Madam" A tear rolled down the old man eyes. She blinked as the old man bowed even more. She bite her lips and forced her self to look away. She stayed silent for a while. She could almost hear the sound of breaking. Eyes filled her eyes..

"What am I doing?" She asked herself with a bitter smile. The butler looked at her.

"I am toxic. Are not I?" She asked even though the butler refused to answer, she already know that. When did she become so petty that she needs to hurt someone else to make herself feel better. Just so she could tell herself that, 'You are not alone. There are people even in worse situation then you.'

How could she reassure herself like this? Where is her self esteem?

A tear rolled down her cheek. She sighed shaking her head.

"Leave me alone, please" She said her eyes sad yet her lips turned up in a smile. Why is she hold onto this smile? Who is she trying to prove? They already seen her worse. The old butler stare at his hand which was hurt. Then walked upto the broken girl.

"Please forgive me for my rudeness" He softly pat her head. She bite her lips staring down tears flushed her eyes yet she feel reassure after everything. After what she said to this old man.