Chapter:18

After what seems like forever

Unedited..

*************

Salina did not noticed how she was dragged out neither those reports hounding them.

The car drive was silent to, when she snapped.

"Stop the car" Salina blinked before looked at the man who was focusing on driving away.

"I said stop the car" She yelled. Austin press on the break turning towards the distorted woman. Her face pale and her eyes unfocused.

"I.. I need to go back" She tremble blinking her eyes even more as if to stop her tears.

"Salina?"

"I had to. My baby, he... he thinks I hate him. That's not possible. How could I ever hate him?" She chuckled shaking her head side wise. She feeling a stifling sadness choking her.

"Salina, I don't actually know what's wrong between you two but I know one thing, your son already heard those words. He..." Austin paused trying to come up with a way to make it less hurtful but her pale face already know.

"He hates you by now"

"No" She snapped glaring at him.

"I will tell him it was a joke. I was just teasing him"

"No mother" He grit his teeth glaring at her unreasonable state.

"No mother in their right mind will say something like that" She froze.

"He is already dead for me"

"It was for Aaron. He had to realise it, right? How could I? No No please" She choked blinking her eyes. She was crying. Austin sighed.

"He would not. He would never even if you try to reason with your words. No way in hell your son will take it otherwise, Salina"

"No" She rubbed her face.

"No" She took a deep breath before smiling.

"Aaron, H..he said he will make him hate me. If I can convince him, I am sure he would not let my son hate me" She nod her head not realising what she was even thinking about. Austin was shocked her words contradicted everything she did up until now. How much did his brother messed up her mind? He feel bitter why was he walking down the same path as their father did. Salina is innocent.

"How could you put your trust on a man who messed up your life?" Those words where enough to make her loose herself. As she laughed choking. She rubbed her eyes.

"It's not like I have any option" She bitterly smiled, looking down. Tears blurred her vision yet she hold back her cries. No one would listen anyway.

"Let's go back" She took a deep breathe turning towards him, her eyes red yet she smiled as if she was confident in her decision.

"I had to let him know my decision and convince him, please"

"Salina don't you understand?" Austin pressed his forehead. He don't know what to do?

"He is playing with you"

But the look she give him was suffocating almost. Her face held a smile her eyes red from unwanted tears.

"I know" She adverted her eyes, tears was freely flowing down her cheeks. Her hand tremble as she clasped them tightly together.

"It's not the first time neither will it be the last time, Austin. I just have to give in if I do, it will lessen my suffering a lot. I will just accept everything" He was speechless at what she said. Everything she said was not making sense.