Chapter:8

Unedited....

***************

Salina stare at the man for a while frowning. She is as disinterested as he is.

"What can I get for you?" She turn to look at the waitress who eyes seems to stuck on him. She raised her eyebrow before turning to him again. Well he is handsome no doubt about that just not her type.

"Black coffee, with lots of sugar. So that it give a real life bittersweet experience" The man turn towards her frowning.

"Problem with my choice?" She mockingly asked.

"Same please" He told the waitress before turning towards her.

"Not really after all that matches with our reality" He stated calmly. He did not seem like a guy to use sarcasm. She chuckled.

"Why are doing this though?" She asked.

"My brother ran away, I have to take responsibility" He said putting his hand across his chest. She noticed his glasses on the bridge of his nose.

"My my I am offened" She chuckled.

"You are saying as if I can't responsibility for myself" She rolled her eyes.

"I am taking responsibility for my brother not you" She stare at him, Aaron Alvis Valentine. She could not get a read on him. His brother who was her fiance run away and it was his father who suggested this. They have advantages in this deal. A deal which will be great for her company.

"Why are doing this?" He asked. She can get the idea the only reason he asked was to continue the conversation.

"I can do anything for my company" She smirked before shrugging her shoulder. Aaron stayed silent for a while as if he was in thought.

"You do know that if you marry me there will be no way out. Right?" Aaron asked after a while. Salina narrowed her eyes. A marriage can always be resolved with a divorce. Is he mocking her? Then again she has a hunch where this could lead.

"What if don't want any way out?" She stated with a smirk. Aaron looked up at her his eyes slightly widen before smiling. That was the first time his facial expression changed. She stare at him feeling uneasy.

"I have something to do"  Aaron look at his clock before standing up. She frowned it's only been 20 minutes since they started talking.

"Are you insulting me?" Salina asked her voice cold.

"No, that's not my intention. I have to go back to hospital after all I am a doctor. I will always put people's live above anything else" Aaron stated his eyes on her to show his sincerity. She grinned.

"And here I thought you where running away" Salina chuckled.

"Let's get to know each other next time if you would let me" Aaron politeness almost irked her.

"What's the point? What if I don't like you after knowing. Would not it be better not too know and then cry over spilled milk?"  She chuckled.

"I see" He nod his head turning to leaving her there.

"Annoying" She mumbled out not bothered with the fact that he could hear yet her eyes still followed him.

When Salina woke up her mind was in chaos. She feel her throat sore as if something was stuck. She blinked her eyes seeing white every where.

Is she in heaven? Could she even get in heaven? She tried to rolled her eyes at her own sarcasm.