Chapter:12

Unedited.

***********

"Would you like to talk about it?" Chris asked slowly. Salina froze what's there to say anyway. Telling how painful living in this house is? What's the point in telling him that she feel sick of everything around her?

"Sometimes talking about it helps" Chris tried again. Salina chuckled talking won't help her not in this life but feeling his warmth around her she opened her mouth against her better judgment.

"On this day two years ago my... my father died" Salina said. Chris froze.

"I have not talked to him for 3 years" She gulped down feeling choked. Regret what she feel is nothing but regret as tear trickled down her cheen. What would she give to talk him one last time apologizing. Even if she did not regret anything she would tell him how sorry she was. If only he come back to her life alive.

"When I was 22, Me and Aaron, we both got married. It was not forced or willing. It was just a marriage we did for our family or selfishness. We were too youngbnot knowing what to do, we decided that it's better for us to forget the notation that we are married and live our life like roomies" Salina feel her heart clenched. Those were the only happy memories of her marriage.

"We just clicked together. He was the non talktive yet kind guy while I was the loud one. Slowly we developed a weird friendship and started sharing each other life"

"Truth to be told it was not bad we become good friends" Salina looked down that's the problem. If only she stopped herself then this would not have been a disaster.

"As days went by I... I started questioning my feelings for him.." She chuckled, pathetic a voice whispered in her head. Chris froze.

"The thought I have to spend the rest of my life with him does not seem like a bad idea anymore and as the days went. My.. feeling towards him grow more and I.. I started liking him" Salina bite her lips if only she could tell her past self to stop it before it's too late.

"What happened after that?" Chris asked.

"One day he came back home distorted and worried. It was two years since we get married ,I started working at my father's while he was working in his father's hospital" Salina sighed.

"I asked him what happened but he kept quiet telling me it was work related at first I believed but as days goes on I noticed it was taking toll on him. And my treacherous heart wanted to know why he is sad" Salina rolled her eyes at her own drama, chuckling at her words. Chris grip tighten around her. He did not like hearing what was coming out of her mouth. He always thought that She hates Dr.Aaron Alvis Valentine.

"He told me, his father was pressurizing him to give him an heir" Chris froze at her words.

"It came as a shock at first being mother was never in my to do list. And I was young yet the idea does not seem to bad. I thought Aaron would have been a great father. So, I accepted it reluctantly because that's why we are married for"

"Aaron was dead against it at first. It took a while before he agreed but he told me that he wanted to do this the right way" Salina smiled a bittersweet experience that was.

"He took me out on a date" She blinked her eyes.

"We went on various dates enjoying life like any normal couple" Salina sighed rubbing her face. If only that lasted long, she was truly happy at that time.

"I found out I was pregnant after seven months of dating" That's when everything started going wrong.

"I told him and he just stand their frozen on his spot. It was nerve wrecking moment as Aaron just looked at me. It broke my heart a bit. How would you feel when the man you loved just stand their like a frozen statue after hearing that" Salina chuckled the painful ache in her heart increase.