Chapter Two

You had noticed a few crows following you with interest in their eyes. You shifted under their intense gaze. Something creepy was going on with those birds.

You were walking up a field when you heard a large feral growl from behind you. You uncontrollably turned around to face it with fear in your eyes. "HOLY SHIT! ETHAN?!!!??" you screeched and started sprinting in the opposite direction. Your old p.e teacher would have been proud. It looked like a some kind of werewolf but much more human... A lycan? You couldn't find it in yourself to care as you were to busy worrying about your life.

Suddenly, you tripped. On nothing but your own two feet. What kind of idiot does that?! You turned yourself on your backside to see the creature. Might as well look it in the eyes.

The creature looked almost cocky as it strode towards you at a fast pace. Something unexpected happened next, the crows that had been watching began to violently peck and claw at the bloodthirsty creature. You sat there wide eyed as the creature tried to fight off the many birds.

Gunshots rang through the air. You tried to shield yourself. Ethan was standing behind you with a scowl. The lycan like creature fell to the ground. The crows began to fly off.

However your eyes met with one who stayed behind. Watching you with soft eyes. It's eyes trailed your body, like it was looking for an injury. You let yourself smile from utter disbelief. "One of those thing took my fingers... You need to stop acting like a child, (Y/n)." he growled at you. You just nodded paying more attention to the bird than to your brother. "Now, come on." he bekoned and walked off. You jumped to your feet and followed him.

Soon the two of you came across a wooden shack that was at the top of the field. You glanced around quickly before Ethan commanded you to open the old worn out door.

With a frown and furrowed brow you opened it. You jumped when you saw a young woman there. "Close the door! Please!" she begged. Ethan strode in quickly and you closed the door. You took notice in her clothing. It looked like something people from years ago would wear. It made you wonder. Where really were you?

You slowly walked over. "Hey? Are you alright?" You asked with a gentle smile. The woman smiled back but only for a split second before Ethan thought it would be good idea to walk over to them. His presence putting the young woman at edge. You could tell that she was scared. "Ethan, please, she's afraid." you tried to reason with him.

Your brother ignored you and walked closer until you both spotted an old man that was sitting on the floor holding a wound. "Stay back!" he hissed at Ethan. You pulled Ethan back with a clear warning glare.

"Please don't hurt us." the woman whimpered a little.

With soft eyes, you have her another smile. "Don't worry. We're not going to hurt you. I promise. If I'm being honest, I'm happy to see another person." you chucked and gestured to outside. "I was convinced that this place was a ghost town." you joked quietly. You noticed the woman had a gentle smile on her face.

"Are there any other survivers?" Ethan said with crossed arms.

The young woman walked a little closer to you. "No. They're all in Luiza's house." she whispered a little loudly so that he could hear her. "She's not answering and the gate in locked." she said with a slight bit of panic in her voice.

The old man glared at you and Ethan. "Quiet, girl! They're outsiders." he hissed.

A moment later, some growls thundered from outside. A flash of panic spread through the woman's face. "Shit, we're sitting ducks in here." Ethan said, frustration rattling in his voice. "Can your old man walk?" he asked gesturing to the old man.