Chapter Six

You held Miranda close. You nearly collapsed when you got back to her house. You opened the door that you luckily left unlocked. If you hadn't both you and Miranda would most likely freeze to death.

Once inside, you placed Miranda on the sofa. Your feet burned. You ran to the bedroom she had set you up in and pulled off the blankets. You placed them over her and quickly began to build a fire in the fire place. Her wounds immediately came to your head after. You felt sleep tugging at you but didn't dare close your eyes. Timidly you removed small pieces of clothing to treat her wounds.

Your eyes widened slightly. There was nothing there. You were so confused. You cleaned the dry blood off of her body. She stirred a little whispering in her sleep. It was as if she was having a nightmare. You decided to check on Rose, figuring that Miranda probably didn't need you. The baby was alright. She sucked on her thumb. It made you giggle a little.

When you returned to Miranda she was taking louder before she burst into screams of heartbreak. You panicked and walked rapidly toward her. Her face was twisting in fear. You placed your hand in her slightly bigger one. The screaming stopped and she was still. Her eyes began to slowly open. "(Y/n)?" she whimpered as she slowly regained focus.

"Hello." you smiled slightly in relief. Her eyes met yours. Her face twisted in pain as she pushed her herself up. Her blonde hair was as messy as birds nest.

She glanced around the room before staring at you. Her eyes were cold yet gentle. They immediately took your breath away. You weren't sure what you felt with her. "Are you alright?" she asked before her eyes widened as realised that you were holding her hand.

A chuckle left you. "Am I alright? I wasn't the one that was just on deaths door." you saw a slight twitch of a smile on her lips. "Yeah, I'm okay. Are you? I mean... Your wounds are... Healed. How does that work anyway? They were healed within seconds!" you questioned with a furrowed brow.

Miranda sighed. "Always the questionnaire." She joked although she sounded serious. You faked shock then put on a pout in a attempt to make a laugh. All she did was smile. And that was enough. "I feel alright. As to why my wounds have healed it's... Regeneration abilities." She answered slowly. God, you loved her voice. It was heavenly to you.

Just then you remembered what she said before she passed out. It made you think. She couldn't have meant that. You have only known eachother for two days! You didn't want to make her uncomfortable but you wanted to know because it was confusing you. "Y-you said something... Before you passed out." you said feeling slightly uncomfortable under her gaze.

The blonde raised an eyebrow. "Well, out with it." She said.

It was as if you didn't want to speak any more. Something blocked you. "You said that you loved me." you whispered. Miranda remained calm. It put you on edge.

The blonde glanced away. "I don't recall saying those words." She breathed out. You frowned slightly. You knew what you heard. She sounded sort of angry so you decided to leave the subject alone. You notice her shiver. She pulled the blankets around her tighter. You stood and left.

The priestess turned to look for you but you had gone. A frown formed on her face.

°°°

You noticed Mia in the back garden. She seemed to be thinking. Her eyes were in a far away place. She seemed almost sad. You decided to cheer her up. You made your (Y/n) style hot chocolate in the kitchen. You added whipped cream and crushed peppermint on top.

Once two were freshly made, you made your way outside and toward Mia. "Hey." you said and held the drink in front of her. You noticed her smile slightly before accepting the drink. She scanned your clothing choice. Her eyes glued to your figure. Your hair had been curled. The navy dress hugged you perfectly. She noticed herself staring and turned her attention back to her mug. You sat beside her as she inspected it. "It's not going to kill you." you giggled. You noticed the slight blush on her face before she took a sip. Her eyes widened in delight.

"Thank you." She said and looked up to the stars. You followed her gaze.

A funny thought came to your head. "You know, I used to think stars were fireflies stuck in the sky." You laughed. Mia glanced at you with a dull expression. "What? The lion King lied to me!" you joked. She chuckled and moved closer to you. Her head lay on your shoulder. You felt yourself burn from embarrassment. You straightened up before looking at Mia. "Are you okay?" you asked.

Mia smiled before frowning. "(Y/n), I need to tell you som-" She was interrupted by the slam of the door.

Ethan came out. You were still waiting for her to continue but she let no words out. "(Y/n)! There's a girl at the front door, she wanted to talk to you!" he shouted. Mia's eyes suddenly burned with anger at the mention of a girl.

Her eyes were laced with all kinds of emotions. "Who?" she asked but it came out of some sort of a growl.

You stared at her with shock lacing you until you regained yourself. "Probably Sally from work. She asked me out." you hummed and got up. Mia was still latched onto your hand. Her eyes pleading for you to stay. "If your not in bed by the time I get back. You'll see me tomorrow." you smiled and walked away. Some how, you felt as if your heart was breaking. You couldn't understand why.

Once you had left, Miranda revealed herself. She never felt so angry. You were hers. All she needed to do was claim you. She had planned on telling you the truth tonight. About everything. Tears rolled down her face as she came to a realization.

°°°

You returned back to Miranda with a mug in hand. She glanced at you then at the mug. You handed her it. She took it and inspected it. "It's hot chocolate. You didn't have whipped cream or anything but I found the hot chocolate powder!" you tried to make a joke out of it but failed miserably.

Still, she smiled. "Thank you." She said and gestured to a chair beside her. You raised an eyebrow before sitting beside her.

You sighed. "I never did thank you for saving my life. So, thanks Miranda." you smiled at her. She smiled back and began to relax. Then a phone rang. "Do you want me to get it?" you asked.

She sighed in annoyance before declining your offer. "No, just help me to the phone? I still feel a little weak." Miranda lied. She wanted you close to her.

+++

What'd you think? 🤣 Who's ringing the phone? 🤔

Thank you so much for read!! ❤️✨