Chapter Ten

Miranda clutched her hands... You still hadn't returned to her. She had assumed if she gave you time you might... But you didn't. Her nails dug into her palm. She had lost all patience. She was going to find you and bring you home. The blonde thought about her failure and how you just ran off. Did she get it wrong?

One of her crows cawed at her. Miranda grew annoyed. "IF YOU HAVEN'T FOUND HER, THEN RESUME! NONE SHALL REST UNTIL SHE'S RETURNED TO ME!" She growled. The crow panicked and flew off.

She looked into the distance. Miranda's mind was circling repeatedly making her slightly dizzy. All she could think about was you. Not trusting her crows to find you in time, she decided to look for you herself. No one dare would hurt what was hers.

°°°

You kept running with Rose in your arms. You held her close and tried to keep her warm. You were covered in mud. You had fallen down into a mud pile while on your way out of her estate. The cold was getting to you. You had run out of energy and thought about your situation. You felt as if you would pass out at any second. Rose's eyes met yours. You thought of Miranda. You were so angry and betrayal ached across your heart. What did you expect? She was an evil woman....

You suddenly bumped into a figure. "(Y/n)?" you froze. You looked up to see Chris. Relieved, you hugged him and whimpered. "Hey, Kid, it's okay." you could tell that he felt awkward so you let go and rocked Rose. "What happened? Where's Ethan?" he asked as he looked around.

Your head lowered. "Dead... Or that is what I was told.... Chris, please let me go home. I don't want to be here! Miranda is most likely chasing me!" you begged. He's brows furrowed. "She lied to me... Mia was actually Miranda the whole time..." you sobbed.

Chris frowned and made you look at him. "I know, kid, that's why we tried to take you and Ethan. Unfortunately, Miranda had other plans." you looked up in shock. "As far as we know she needs Rosemary for something." Eva. You held Rose closer. A loud growl could be heard and Chris moved infront of you to protect you. "Keep heading North. There's a helicopter there." he said. Lycans began to come from every angle. You were gently pushed away by Chris. "GO!"

You began to run again. You were quite tired. Rose began to cry and you whimpered. The lycans were snarling behind you. Deep down you wished Miranda would show like she did when you tried to look for an escape the first time. All of a sudden, your foot was in agony. You looked down to see your foot caught in a bear trap. "Shit....FUCKING HELL. THIS HURTS!" You howled and hissed in pain. You fell onto your backside and cursed yourself. One of the lycans had caught up to you. Strangely you recognised the lycan. The fur was as white as snow. It so happened to the lycan that stopped you from chasing Ethan. You kept groaning in pain while keeping Rose covered in your arms.

The lycan calmed and went to investigate. It sniffed your foot. For a good while you thought it was going to attack. You began to whimper. You were losing energy fast. More lycans appeared. One jumped at you causing you to yelp. The white lycans attacked it mid air. You reached down for the trap and tried to open it. You noticed a couple of crows squawking and flapping their wings. Miranda... "MIRANDA!" You screamed. You thought you might be going crazy. More crows appeared. You screamed her name repeatedly. It was a long shot that she would even hear you.

A swam of crows appeared infront of you making most of the lycans back off. Miranda looked at with concerned eyes before focusing on the threat. Her eyes became dark and cruel. Something you hadn't seen in a while. "HOW DARE YOU! CAN'T HEISENBERG KEEP A LEASH ON YOU ALL FOR ONE MINUTE!" You jumped at her tone. Some of the lycans whimpered in fear. Others started to snarl at her.

Her wings spread from her back and some of them were ripped to shreds by... Vines? Miranda seemed to be controlling it somehow. One of the lycan jumped at her. You tried to call out for her but it was too late. It bit into her arm. Miranda's face twisted in disgust as she threw it away like it was nothing. The lycans were quick to run away. You let out a breath of relief. You felt as if you were on the edge of passing out. Rose's cries kept you awake. Miranda was by your side in a few seconds. "Mir-Miranda?" you were in so much pain. The older woman panicked. She opened the bear trap in a hurry.