Chapter Thirteen

Miranda gritted her teeth. She had heard enough of her false daughter's complaints. Noticing the priestess was losing interest in her worries. Alcina bit her lip. She needed a mother or at least something close to one. Yet, mother Miranda had other more important thoughts on her mind. "I'm just at a stage of concern for... The ceremony, mother Miranda. I advice that you get rid of that stupid fool Heisenberg and get done with it.. Who knows what will happen?" she continued her argument.

Miranda's wings fluttered in annoyance. Her patience was getting thinner by the second. "Your pity complaints are of no use to me, Alcina." Miranda growled. She was too busy. She needed to figure out a way to get you on her side. To be one. "If the Winters man has escaped, Which he most likely has, we do not have the time to be creating enemies within our allies. He will distrubt my ceremony." she growled. If she failed. She lost Eva. If she failed... She lost you.

Alcina clenched her fist. "You care for her, don't you?" Miranda raised her gaze to Alcina's golden eyes. "The mortal girl, (Y/n) Winters." Miranda glared. Say nothing. "I could see it. I could see it the moment that man-child brought them." Miranda's fingers drummed against the chair. Where was she going with this? "your eyes held so much relief and care... You used to lecture me on how everyone I care for is a weakness." that much was plain Alcina's passion was strong. It was a weakness. Elena was the newest attraction. "Is she a weakness to you, Mother?" the words flicked off of her tongue as she provoked the older woman. A large vine tightened around the countess' neck... Shit.

°°°

Elena was quick to change the subject. Keen to try to keep you happier. You appreciated it. You grew closer with her. Your hips were touching. "I think she's just well guarded... But she really is... Something else." Elena hummed in a lovestruck gaze. You raised an eyebrow and smirked. "If only my father could see me now." the young woman groaned. You chuckled.

She rested her head on your shoulder.  "I think-" the doors flew open. Elena jumped as did you. Miranda glared, her wings spread. "Miranda?" you said with worry. Her mask had been removed. She strode over to you and picked you up. You felt heat in your cheeks. This.. This was unexpected. Miranda was quite a small figure. You turned to Elena and frowned. The crazy crow woman stromed out of the room with no word. You struggled against her until you noticed the glaring golden eyes of the mistress of the castle. She growled lowly before going to Elena. "Miranda! Put-put me down!" you argued with a hiss. The Priestess dropped you once outside as if you were trash beneath her feet.

"We go home." she said without sparing a glance your way. You pushed yourself off of the ground and made your way towards the blonde. Your face was red from the cold. You glared heavily at her. What was her problem!? "What!" She snapped at you. You flinched. Miranda's tight gaze loosened with regret. She reached out for you then pulled back.  Your brows furrowed. Miranda offered you her hand, which you took without hesitation, and teleported you back home. "I'm going to prepare for the ceremony." she said coldly. You nodded to yourself. You weren't sure what had just happened. All you know was that you didn't like the energy. You also didn't know what ceremony she was blabbering about. Toon much was going on for you to process. Perhaps you should check little Rose? You walked away, leaving Miranda to watch you leave.

Rose was more then happy to see you. Yet, when you picked her up she seemed to be looking for someone else. Someone with bird feathers you presumed. Your lips became thin. "Hey, little rose." you cooed and tickled her. Miranda had a child. You wondered what she would would be like. Would she like you? Rose giggled and reached for you. You read the baby a short children's book and rocked her to sleep. Before taking a quick nap yourself.

Miranda tore everything apart. Her books. All her hard worked research everything. She was furious. She was felt... Oddly threatened. This girl was a threat to her. Just like that girl that she had to murder when she was playing mia. She could snatch you away from her! This Elena... Alcina's pet. Had to go. She was irritating the feathers out of Miranda's glorious wings. She was trying so hard to woo you but this younger woman was talking away to you like old friends! Perhaps more. That wasn't even the worst of it. Alcina had mentioned that you were a weakness. You could be? She could snap your neck and be done with the whole affair. But she couldn't...

The thought was driving her mad. Her talons scratched against the wood of her desk, eyeing the cadou. You were mortal. You would eventually die from something. Could she handle that? She would have lost two of her loved ones then. But she was never the most settled on letting the dead rest.

No... She wasn't going to think like that! It wasn't particularly healthy. She sighed. She seemed to do that a lot of late... Deep sighing. She needed a break. She glanced around her lab. It was a complete and utter bombsite. She rubbed her eyes. Home. She wanted to go home. She wanted to rest. But Eva... Her sweet little Eva needed her. The ceremony was soon. With that, she teleported home. It was quiet. Too quiet. She grew worried. She raced up to your room. Not there. Her eyes narrowed. Rose. She made her way to the nursery. There you were. Cuddled into the chair with one hand in the baby cot. Her eyes softened. She didn't deserve you.

You twisted in your sleep. Miranda reached for you. Letting her emotive take control. Her right eye twitched. She hated you. Hated that she loved you. She couldn't help but love you. Even if she tried not to. She couldn't held but want you. Even if she didn't want to. You were a melody caught too soon in her head. Yet, she clung onto it. She didn't deserve you. But she wanted you. Miranda wants and Miranda gets. Miranda placed a gentle kiss on your forehead. "Soon... We'll be one. You'll see. You'll learn to love me." with that. She was gone. Gone back her lonesome cave. For Eva. All for Eva.

°°°

Elena brushed her Countess' Dark raven locks of hair. "That was quite silly... She could have hurt you more then what she had." she whispered. Alcina looked at her little pet through the mirror. This one was uniquely interesting. Her blood was like red velvet and slight honey. It was perfect.

Lady Dimitrescu sighed and took another drag of her cigarette. "And like you would care, Draga mea." she exhailed. Elena scrunched up her face. She did care! Very much so! "When you first came here, you called me a monster." she said calmly with a little hint of anger.

Elena looked to the ground in shame. "It was wrong of me. I didn't know you then." she walked around to look upon the countess' face. The sorrow in Elena's face was too present. "I know you now. I called you a monster because I thought you you were going to eat me... I regret my choice of words. They were wrong. But you have treated me so well! I doubt that you'd understand how guilty I truly feel, my Lady." the countess eyed the smaller girl. There was something she hadn't seen in a long time hidden in her eyes. Something genuine and untouchable.

The Countess placed a hand on the girl's face. But ultimately cupped her head. "I don't think that I'll ever understand humans... Especially the ones like you." Elena was confused. Any eye could see. "Read to me?" a smile graced the village girls lips.

++++++++

Sorry this took so long, darlings...

My chapters will always be irregular. 🥺 Especially with what I've been doing these weeks. On a side note I'm teaching little ones drama and music in the school... Its soooo adorable 🤣🥺 Any ideas for next chapter? The struggle is real. And I have no clue what this chapter was. Just randomness? 🤣🤣🤣

Thank you so much for your patience and I really hope you enjoyed! ❤️❤️❤️❤️