Chapter Eight

Miranda sat in her room and curled herself into a ball. She wanted you to immediately fall for her. But you didn't. She lay there pondering. She needed to find a way to make you to like her. She didn't remember courting being so hard. Miranda yearned to tell you that she was Mia those weeks. However she was nervous... For the first time in years she scared to tell you the truth. Maybe she could court you now and make you fall in love with her... She could claim you then she would tell you the truth. That seemed like the most obvious and easiest thing to do.

The blonde walked to the window and saw a two small birds. The bigger of the two, puffed out its chest and feathers. Miranda tilted her head when an idea came to mind. She would put her plan into motion tomorrow.

Tomorrow came and was now today. The blonde practically fell out of bed. She decided not to do anything today but spend it with you. It was a well deserved break in her opinion. She changed into casual tight jeans and a black top. She only dressed half normally when away from the eyes of the public.

She walked out of her room in attempt to find you. She knew that she was a little too harsh on you yesterday and wished to make it up to you. Miranda felt her heart stop. You weren't in your room. Did you run for it? She hoped not. The village was extremely dangerous for a mortal. The blonde began to panic. She quickly made her way to where she had been keeping Rose. If you had truly left you would have taken the baby... Right?

She slowly opened the door with a nervousness clawing at her skin. She sighed in relief. You must have fallen asleep in here. You were lying on the ground in a very awkward position making Miranda tilt her head. She rubbed her forehead and walked towards you. She scooped you up and made sure not to wake you.

Her body stiffened when you snuggled into her. A light pink dusted her cheeks. She took you to her room and placed you in the covers. "Sleep well, my little bird." She whispered. She wanted to kiss you on the forehead but decided against it.

She left the room to make breakfast when a shinny colourful stone from outside caught her eye. Her eyes widened in wonder. You'd like that stone? Wouldn't you? Her wings spread from her back with out control. She ignored it. She needed the stone. She raced out side to get it.

°°°

You were thrown out of the way, only to be caught by Elena and Chris. Both held a frown and worried face. "Miranda!" You screamed, tears rolled from your eyes. You tried to get to her but your friends held you back.

The cramp in your stomach began to worsen. Miranda seemed to spare a glance at you, she was about to come closer when Heisenberg knocked her over. Both creatures landed with a groan.

You didn't remember getting into bed. The smell of toast and eggs attacked your senses. You turned your head to come face to face with scrabbled eggs and toast. There was a note beside the plate. There was also a rather large colourful rock. You tilted your head. "The fuck?" You accidentally said out loud. You picked up the note and glared slightly once you recognised the hand writing.

My little bird,

I made you breakfast to apologise for last night. There is also a stone... I thought you might like it. Meet me in the garden once you have been well fed and washed.

Love,
Miranda.

You chuckled in disbelief. Her mood changed rather fast. She went from scary female Jesus to child that offers you a rock real quick. You sighed. You didn't want to her effort to go to waste, so you ate what she offered. Then walked to the bathroom for your daily routine. Once done, you went to meet with Miranda outside.

The Winged woman rocked Rose back and forth while creating funny faces. You had to hold back a laugh. You had never seen Miranda so gentle. Her eyes were full of motherly joy. It made you wonder. You coughed to make sure she knew you were there. Miranda jumped and her shield went up again. Her eyes softened slightly when she saw you. She was dress... Casually. It was so different from the priestess you had met at the... Meeting.