1. |GENESIS|

"Impressive." A little blonde vampire said unamused toward the coven of vegetarian vampires. "I've never seen a coven escape an assault of this magnitude intact."

"We were lucky." The coven's patriarch deadpanned.

"I doubt that." The blonde sneered "You missed one." She raised her chin to the little newborn vampire, no more than seventeen, in the back standing behind the confederate soldier.

"We offered her asylum in exchange for her surrender." The patriarch explained. Aurora had seen the way her "coven" had fared against these century year old vampires and she wasn't about to go charging into a fight she would surely lose; her survival instincts forbidding her to do such a foolish thing. So she played the scared little girl, and the two had taken pity on her. Just when she thought she might get out of this alive, all eyes were on her, topaz and crimson alike.

"Why did you come?" The blonde asked. Before she could even come up with a good answer every molecule in her body was on fire and she dropped to her knees, a gargled scream let loose. "Who created you?"

"You don't need to do that, she'll tell you anything you want to know." The matriarch pleaded with the vampire.

"I know." The blonde smiled darkly

"I don't know." Aurora growled "Riley wouldn't tell us."

"Her name was Victoria, perhaps you knew her." The bronze hair vampire with his arm around the human said with distaste for the cloaked vampire before them.

"Edward." The patriarch said, sensing the tension his son had just created by calling them out. "If the Volturi had knowledge of Victoria they would have stopped her. Isn't that right Jane?"

"Of course." The blonde, Jane said monotone "Felix." Her eyes narrowed to the newborn

"She didn't know what she was doing." The matriarch pleaded futilely "We'll take responsibility for her."

"Give her a chance." The patriarch added on

"The Volturi don't give second chances." Jane stated, her decision finalized "Keep that in mind. Caius will be interested to know that she's still human."

"The date is set." The human said with as much confidence as she could muster

"Take care of that Felix." Jane said, ignoring what the human had just said. "I'd like to go home."

Aurora, who was all too aware that she was about to die at at the hands of this big burly vampire got up off the floor and disappeared before the vampires' very eyes. Not even their heightened vision was enough to see the girl run away.

Jane breathed in a breath of irritation. She detested it when people escaped punishment.

"Demetri." She turned toward the Greek tracker giving an unverbalized order, and with that he took off after her, following both her scent and the tenor in her mind that he had now latched on to.

                                          =

"Stop theif!" The owner 's son of the small boutique yelled as he ran after the nimble, curly headed girl going down 75th. He was in no way out of shape  and had little problems keeping up with the girl who had just stolen $75.00 worth of the hand crafted soaps his mother made and sold -even as a homeless teenage girl Aurora had a thing for the luxurious, hand made items. However, as soon as he blinked for a second longer than he normally did the girl was gone. Completely vanished as if she were a ghost. He stared down the alley wondering where the actual hell she could have gone. It was a straight shot down to the next street with no interceptions and no doorways. Defeated the boy stalked back to the shop he had left unattended.