3. |ENSNARE|

Aro had dispatched Demetri, Felix, Jane, and Alec to collect the girl since Demetri clearly wasn't capable of doing it on his own.

Alec and Felix had been mildly annoyed at the fact that they had to go on yet another case after being back home for less than five days. Jane had left the castle with a sadistic smile as she thought about bringing torture to the newborn who had absconded from that field and escaped punishment.

They made their way down South America as Demetri led the way towards the Amazon forest. Jane grumbled at the flies buzzed in her ears and the moisture clung to her marble skin.

"Hmm." Demetri hummed

"What is it?" Felix asked

"She has stopped moving." Demetri sped ahead to where she was.

"There is no one here." Alec growled as they caught up to the tracker who was currently standing in a small clearing in the forest. There were footsteps, but other than that there was no trace of any life.

"I told you of her gift." Demetri snarled "Her tenor is here, she is here we just have to find her."

Inside the hut Aurora watched Zafrina with intense curiosity. The Amazonian vampire was hard at work, concentrating on projecting a picture of an empty clearing into the minds of the four Volturi guards who were outside. The three of them could hear their bickering as they looked around for the vampire they were to bring home to Aro. She had also already made herself invisible, taking away her scent and any audible movement she may make.

"Her scent is everywhere but it disappears around..." Demetri walked forward as his foot hit something. He looked down and realized it was nothing. There was nothing there and yet he could feel something against his toe when he kicked lightly. "She's playing games is she?" He snarled

"With others too." Felix noted as he took in the scent of two other vampires. Demetri sniffed around just now noticing the other scents; he had been too enthralled by her sweet smell to notice the others.

Felix joined Demetri and too placed his foot gently against whatever was blocking their path. With a quick nod from Demetri he placed his hands on it and swung the invisible object which crashed into a tree.

There was still nothing there, but the four of them could sense the presence of two vampires right in front of them much better.

Aurora grabbed both the Amazonian vampire's shoulders and the three took off running away from the Volturi guards. Luckily, Senna and Zafrina had lived in the Amazon for over five hundred years and knew every inch of the forest. They took her to an underwater cave in one of the Amazon river's swimming holes. The three of them swam into the cave and eventually, with the large rock above them, they could breathe and talk again.

"Aurora." Zafrina spoke hastily "Imagine your shield projecting to protect us too."

"What?" She asked in utter confusion and fear.

"Picture it expanding and shrouding us too." Zafrina explained "The tracker will find us and the only hope we have of making it out alive is if we are protected too."

"I can't." Aurora was slightly frantic now about the thought of her new friends being utterly exposed as Zafrina's gift could only go so far.

"You have to." Senna hissed "We are in danger now because of you."

"That was your own decision." Aurora hissed back, not appreciating the entirety of the blame being placed on her.

"It doesn't matter." Zafrina snapped at the both of them. "Aurora, focus. You can do it, you're magnificently powerful and you've only begun to unlock your potential. Now concentrate."