2. |INSIGHT|

After she had left Demetri laying on the floor of the forest in shock she made her way into South America, more specifically, Brazil. She supposed the life she was currently living as a vampire wasn't too far off from the life she had lived as a human. She also fancied the fact that she was the last surviving member of her previous "coven" even their 500 year old creator had been killed.

       =

"You are the reason your mother and I are like this." Her father screamed as he threw an empty bear bottle at his daughter's head.

"You and mom are like this because of you. Your own selfish decisions led you here" Aurora snarled back, her temper an exact copy of her father's.

"Get the fuck out of my house before I kill you." Her father growled before grabbing another empty bottle.

"Gladly." She sneered as she walked out the door, slamming it behind her.

            =

Demetri had been summoned back to Volterra, and reluctantly, he went back to his home.

"Ah, dear one." Aro hummed as the tracker made his way into the antechamber "Jane tells me she sent you to dispose of the last remaining newborn."

"She did." Demetri kept his voice steady and indifferent

"I assume the job is done? It has been over four days." Aro raised his brows at Demetri, expecting a yes.

"She is fast. And when I do catch up to her I cannot locate her exactly." Demetri hung his head a little, ashamed that he, the Volturi's ever feared tracked wasn't able to locate one tiny little newborn vampire.

"Do explain." Caius said in his usual sneer

"When she is directly in front, beside, or behind me her tenor no longer does me any good." Demetri described "I believe she has a very powerful gift, one not even I can get past."

"Allow me." Aro said with sudden interest as he grabbed Demetri's hand without any further asking of consent.

"Ah." Aro let out a breath.

"What is it brother?" Caius asked, eager to know what Aro knew.

"She is a shield, but not a mental shield like all other kinds we've encountered. A physical one." Aro's eyes gleamed in wonder.

"What?" Marcus pipped in, not quite understanding what Aro was rambling on about.

"You cannot see her, smell her, or hear her unless she wishes for you too." Aro explained "I believe it is similar to our dear Alec's gift but instead of it incapacitating others, it simply protects her from unwanted attention."

"If she were to be able to develop that gift into a mental shield as well she could be a very dangerous weapon." Caius's thoughts wondered on about what he would do with an invisible weapon, an assassin that left absolutely no trace and the victim wouldn't even have any idea what hit them.

"She could be a good defensive tool as well, if she could learn to project. It would allow for us to get out of any situation as well as keep an eye on anyone. Her paired with Alec, the Volturi would be unstoppable." Aro's eyes glimmered in excitement for the possibility, his mouth curving into dark smirk.

"Yes." Caius broke out into a small grin "She isn't even half a year old yet and already evading our tracker. Just think about the potential she could reach with our training."

Demetri stood still, not liking the way the masters spoke about this young girl as if she were a weapon, an object to be claimed as their own. He felt bad for placing an even larger target on her head than before but what was done was done; no need to engage in any form of self loathing that was something he left behind after he was turned.

                                             =

"What is the meaning of this Demetrius?" His father scowled at the young boy, no more than seven years of age.

"It was not my doing father." Young Demetri pleaded with his father.

"Are you to blame the Anthis boys again?" The thirty year old wood chopper raised his voice.

"They have plagued every inch of mother's garden with their games. I have seen them run away after trampling the tomatoes, their footsteps-" Demetri tried explaining to his father that it was not him who destroyed his mother's vegetable and herb garden. The two older Anthis boys have been relentlessly toying with the "town's psycho's" son.

His father's backhand hit him with so much force he fell to the ground, holding his face as tears that had been desperately held back began flowing.

"The Anthis family is of high class. Their sons would never do such an immoral thing. My delinquent, poor excuse of a son on the other hand." The woodchopper snarled as he placed all the family's misfortunes on the little boy who wanted nothing more than his father's affection and approval.

=

"Who are you child?" Two vampires stood before Aurora, both in short skirts made of animal leather. Beads hung from their neck and around their waists, they were barefoot and looking at her, one with curiosity one with hostility.

"My name is Aurora." She spoke with confidence even as she faced the two intimidating women.

"What is your business here?" The curly haired, shorter one asked.

"Just passing through." She gave a vague answer as she just wanted to get through as fast as she could.

"You fed on a local." The straight haired, taller, thinner one spoke with slight distaste.

"I'm sorry I didn't know not to." She said.

"This area is claimed. You cannot come into our land and kill the humans." The shorter one sneered not appreciating the indifferent tone the stranger spoke with.

"I already apologized and if you don't mind I'm in a hurry." She scowled as she tried to walk past the two but suddenly the ground beneath her disappeared and everything went black.

"What the fuck." She spoke aloud as she looked around at the peer darkness that surrounded her.

"Would you like to try that again child." The taller one spoke as her vision came back to her.

"What did you do to me?" She asked wide eyed towards the two vampires.

"I made you see black." The straight haired one spoke as if it were self evident.

"Listen. I'm sorry for feeding on one of your locals and causing you any inconvenience but I am on the run and if you don't let me through he will catch me." She all but pleaded with the two of them.

"Who is after you?" The curly haired one asked

"His name is Demetri." She gave up her tracker's name.

The two of them let out a collective gasp. "You have the Volturi's tracker after you?!"

"I suppose I do yes." She hoped after learning about who was after her the two would let her go, unfortunately for her, that was not the case.

"What is it that you have done." The two thought about all the crimes she could have committed.

"I wouldn't allow them to kill me." She swallowed.

"Come with us." The taller one said, making the split second decision to help this young vampire.

They had led her to a small hut that they called their home. Despite them being cold ones their home was quite warm and welcoming. She glanced around to see multiple mats sewed together on the dirt floor. There was incense burning in the corner and light fell through the straw. They had introduced themselves as Senna and Zafrina. They were in quite a bit of shock when she disclosed the fact that she was indeed a newborn. They along with most others hadn't seen a newborn that hadn't totally succumbed to their instincts, anger, or fear. She thought rationally and quickly even compared to elder vampires, with experience she would no doubt become much more guileful and dangerous.