7. |HOSTILITIES|

Aurora looked around at the room crowded full of standing vampires all who had just pledge their alliance and willingness to fight if it came down to it. If need be she would be able to shield everyone from the sight, sound, scent, and touch of the Volturi but she wasn't sure if she would be able to act as quickly as she probably needed to. Hopefully it wouldn't come down to that because as much as Aurora wished she was the noble kind to declare that she would fight till the death for something and actually stand firm with those claims she was a runner and a hider first and foremost.

The days past and she spent most of them chatting with Senna and Zafrina, who were pretty much her only friends here besides Benjamin,Tia, Amun and Kebi. Amun was in a particularly sour mood the entire time so Aurora strayed away from him. Renessmee had taken a liking towards Benjamin, his ability to influence the elements intrigued the little girl to no end.

Soon New Years had passed and she found herself standing in a snow covered clearing with the coven she had been created to destroy. The irony was beyond amusing as she bounced on her toes besides Senna waiting impatiently for the Volturi to show up.

When they finally did a sea of obsidian cloaks floated into view. Crimson undershirts were worn by the majority of the guard and the gold buckles stood out against the black. A magnificent wave of vampires came flanking both sides of the three kings. They moved with unequivocal grace, deliberate slow, calculating steps.

The crunching sound of the snow rang loudly in the ears of everyone there. The Volturi had come to destroy them and it seemed as if they would do it with elegance and dexterity.

"The red coats are coming. The red coats are coming." A nomad named Garrett bounced up and down next to Kate obviously just as nervous as everyone else was.

Before the Volturi had come to a full stop long drawn out howls could be heard from around the forest. They were menacing and not meant to be challenged, the sound echoing around the mountains filling the clearing with an ominous, sinister melody.

They stopped about 200 feet away from the Olympic coven and their witnesses. Aro took off his hood, causing a domino effect as the guard mimicked their master's movements.

Carlisle began speaking but Aurora found it impossible to hear his words, they were nothing more than white noise at this point as her eyes locked with Demetri's. Her crimson ones met his obsidian ones, dark with anger as he saw his mate stand with the Cullens. Obviously he knew he would be seeing her as he had felt her tenor in Forks over a week ago and when it did not move he figured it was for the same reason he was here. However seeing her stand next to his sire filled him with white hot rage.

For some unbeknownst reason, Edward was gone and Bella, Renessmee, Jacob, and Emmett had begun walking towards the Volturi. She had been so caught up with the staring contest with Demetri she hadn't even noticed Edward was gone and the rationale behind why the four were currently following was lost on her.

She peeled her eyes away from the tracker and focused on what was going on in the center. Renessmee had placed her hand on Aro's cheek and he was watching intently and with wonder.

"Magnifico." He whispered "Half mortal, half immortal. Conceived and carried by this newborn, while she was still human."

"Impossible." Caius spat out.

"Do you think they fooled me brother?" Aro turned to face the blonde vampire, raising his eyebrows.

"Bring the informer forward." Caius gestured to the two guards to bring forth Irina. "Is that the child you saw?"

"I'm not sure." The words stumbled out of Irina's mouth as she looked at the clearly less than immortal child.

"Jane." Caius began.