8. |SUPERNOVA|

Aurora should have seen it coming. The moment she locked eyes with the tracker she should have known what he was going to do. However she was too caught up with paying attention to Aro and his decision to fully grasp the amount of rage that radiated out of every molecule that made up Demetri. About half a mile into the woods she managed to grab onto his elbow and flip him. However his grasp on her didn't falter and they both toppled into the snow.

She growled as she was face down in the snow as he straddled her from behind, his hand fistful of her unruly, curly locks as he held her down.

"What makes you think you can run from me?" His voice was dangerously low as he leaned forward his lips touching the hair around her ear as his hands tugged her hair.

"The same thing that makes you think you can imprison me." She snarled as she threw her head back with as much force as possible into his nose. The sheer amount of energy was enough for him to move his head and hand back allowing her enough time and space to turn around and flip their position. "Audaciousness."

"That was never my intent nor Aro's. Your own paranoia got the better of you." He retorted.

"I read about Chelsea. I read about Didyme, and Marcus, and even you." She almost laughed. "Do not treat me as if I am a fool."

"You are no fool, Aurora Corvus but my statement still stands." He latched his hands onto her hips and thrusted her upwards into an eject position and pressed her back against a tree as he stood over her.

"If that is true then why do you chase me?" She made no move to change their position as she looked up at him with cold, calculating crimson eyes.

"Because you run." He smirked as if his answer was self evident. "And I enjoy a good cat and mouse game."

"You are sadistic." Her lips curled.

"Does that make you masochistic?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I enjoy the practice occasionally." She smirked. "Just not with you."

"What the fuck did you just say? Say it again I dare you." His eyes darkened with anger.

"Oh don't tell me you're jealous." She joked, hoping to garner a rash reaction from the tracker.

"I am finding it quite difficult not to be Aurora." He gritted out as part of the tree crumbled under his fist.

"Just because we fucked once does not mean I owe you exclusion." Her annoyance was starting to come out.

"Seven, times, actually. We did it seven times." He corrected her out of sheer provocation. "But regardless it was more than sex. I know you felt it too."

She did feel it, and she knew the reasoning behind it now. Eleazer had explained to her the pull of a true mate. She knew what Demetri was to her and what she was to him but she had too much pride to admit to wanting that form of intimacy with him. Everything he did pissed her off to no end.

"You don't know anything." She sneered as she attempted to push him back and away from her but he wouldn't budge.

"I know this." His voice was several octaves lower than before. Suddenly he was a little fearful, if his mate rejected him right now he wouldn't know what to do. Actually, he did, he would continue to chase her.

"Okay." She nodded. "Tell me then, Demetrius, what exactly is it that you felt and believe I did as well."

"The ball in your throat right now." He began. "The small feelings of firecrackers embedded in your skin the first time we touched, the pit of flames in your stomach when I was near, and the supernova of affection, intimacy, lust, and desire the first time we kissed."

"You're wrong." She whispered as she lied to him. "There were no firecrackers, no flame, no supernova. It was only lust, nothing more."

"That's not true." He shook his head slightly but she could see his eyes dull and feel his breaths become shallow.

"We're just not who you think we are." She swallowed.

"And what is it that you believe I think we are?" His eyes narrowed. Contrary to popular belief Demetri was a lot smarter than he looked, he was not only cunning he was a master at picking up subtle hints, twists in speech, changes in body language, and so on.

"True mates." She replied, her voice unwavering even as his features hardened.

"How do you know what that is?" He asked. She was still less than ten months old there was no way she knew true mates existed on her own, let alone what they were.

"Eleazor told me." She replied.

"Eleazor." He repeated. He remembered that vegetarian vampire from when he spent time with the Volturi. He wasn't the type to go explaining things willy nilly, you would have to go ask for it. "Now it is you who is treating me as if I'm the fool."

"How so?" She challenged.

"The only way he would elucidate something like that is if you asked him to. And in order for him to even know what you are referring to you would have to describe your emotions, your physical feelings." He said, raising an eyebrow.

She looked at him in disbelief. He was trying to get her to admit to something they both already knew and she didn't appreciate the way he was putting her on the spot like this. It was quite humiliating; if she were still human she would be a bright shade of cherry red with anger.

"You know what." She said in anger. "You can go fuck yourself."

She used her hand to push him off of her as she stormed off in the direction of the clearing.

"Hey." He was in front of her in a flash. "Don't walk away from me."

"Get out of my way before I make you." She threatened as she glared into his onyx eyes.

"I apologize." He swallowed his pride in front of her to keep her from running.

"That's fantastic." She retorted, honestly she just wanted out of here. Love brought nothing but misery; getting dragged into something like this would surely ruin her.

"Aurora." He growled. "I've just apologized to you. I've never once apologized to anyone."

She breathed in a deep breath, composing herself before she let out another string of rude words towards the tracker. "Thank you for apologizing."

Calmly, she stepped away from him and tried walking away once more.

"Come back to Volterra with me." He was blocking her path once again. Desperation leaked out of his every pore.

"No." She said flatly, offering no other explanation. It should have been pretty obvious with the way she spoke about Chelsea earlier.

"Why not?" He demanded to know.

"I'm not spending the rest of my immortal life being a mindless soldier for a greedy, power hungry, clinically insane vampire." She insulted Aro and Demetri was silently grateful the tactile telepath wasn't here to hear that.

"What if I am to make sure Chelsea doesn't come near you?" He offered trying to find any solution.

"I don't trust either one of you." She replied honestly with her thoughts on his offer.

"I give you my word." His voice was low as he just made his ultimate promise. Never in his thousand years had he broken a vow like that, although he had only given it a mere three times, two of them being to her.

"How do I know you're a man of virtue?" She continued to be hesitant about his promises. Promises were made to be broken, they all were, every single one; just like a rubber band, one hard tug and it has snapped.

"I have never lied to you Aurora Corvus." His eyes trailed to her lips and neck. "If you are to believe one thing believe that."