6. |CRIME|

Chelsea.

Aurora sat in the Volturi's library. It was early in the morning around 5am. Renata had ended training an hour ago and Demetri was no where to be found. She found a recent online article about the Volturi as she would like to be more informed about the people who  had all but kidnapped her and forced her to stay.

Currently she was reading about Chelsea Volturi, a member of the elite guard who had the unique gift of altering any form of relationship. She kept the guard loyal to the Volturi and not only that, she switched many of their loyalties. She read a paragraph about how Demetri had belonged to an Egyptian coven for about two hundred years before the Volturi discovered him and claimed him as their own, using Chelsea to alter his loyalty.

She felt like vomiting. Free will was something she wanted, no needed, along with life. It was likely only a matter of time before she met this manipulative vampire and had all freedom taken away from her. A mindless Volturi guard. Absolutely not. Clicking out of the article she got up and left the library calmly as to prevent alerting the other vampire in there of her distress.

Climbing onto the top of the castle and opening a trap door onto the roof, she quickly lept off, falling 700 feet from the air she hit the ground running. She knew it was only a matter of time before they noticed she was missing and send Demetri after her.

                                            =

"Godammit." Aurora cursed as she tripped over a well concealed curb, scraping her knee along the way.

She had been running from a cop after having been caught by him stealing from a gas station. She just wanted some tequila was that really so much to ask for?

The cop managed to catch her after her unfortunate fall and brought her to the precinct.

"So along with the theft you are also a missing person." The cop, Dave sat down in front of her with a stack of files.

"So do those cancel each other out or..." She gestured with her hands for him to get to the point.

"Why don't you tell me what you're doing out on the streets robbing from gas stations." He leaned forward placing his arms on the table. She could smell his breath; the rancid smell of Tobacco and McDonalds filled her nostrils causing her to cringe.

"It's my life's calling." She sneered sarcastically.

"Ok well if you don't want to answer questions you can sit in a cell whilst we call your parents." He shrugged indifferently.

"Don't waste your time; they won't answer." She crossed her arms.

"I'm sure they're worried about you." He said as he grabbed the telephone, dialing in the home phone number.

"Really?" She raised an eyebrow "Then tell me who filed that missing persons report."

He stayed silent as he glanced down at the report.

West Seattle High School had filed for a missing persons. Not her parents.

                                              =

Back in Volterra the entire guard was being briefed about a crime the Cullens had committed; creating an immortal child, the worst of the worst.

Demetri stood besides Alec, looking around the room for Aurora. When Aro began speaking and she had still not shown up he started looking for her tenor and realized with shock and anger that she was in Bulgaria. What the hell was she doing in Bulgaria?