2 ~ Dreaming

TW: This chapter describes sickness, pain, panicking and derealization/seeing things. Please skip to the end if you are uncomfortable with these themes.

***

I feel like I'm in an endless void, floating in the abyss.

I've been here before. Night after night, it's just empty space and longing pangs of déjà vu, waiting for something. It's subtle and unbothering, but an ache waits below, still there.

I would gently swim through it, swimming comfortably in a direction I'd pick on instinct, listening to the silence, just taking in the peace. I'd feel nothing but the air around me.

I'm tranquil, but I'm alone. I'm here, but I'm missing. I'm not sure how to pinpoint everything. The void keeps me and I float, bathing in the quiet.

No. That doesn't feel right.

Not tonight.

I feel like I'm in an endless void, drowning in the abyss.

Everything is tight. My limbs feel pulled in all directions, stretching to their max in this open harassment. It's as if a puppeteer has sown strings into my tense muscles, leisurely placing pressure onto my chest, a torment.

I'm strangled. I push out any sounds I can make through the pain, every second drawing less and less air. The ache from before grows, building and travelling through me. My head grows too heavy for my own strength, allowing me to feel pressure from all direction, a ringing loud in my ears and-

a whisper.

Dream.

It snakes it's way in, bringing in more once it feels its edging me enough.

Time has come-
We need-
It's you-

There's a quick flash of green. Purple particles are left behind, hovering in front of my vision, taunting me as it sits there. Waiting, simply planning its next move.

The whispers become louder.

Protect-
Be our-
Control-

Another flash of green. It flies over me, blanketing me until it deems itself satisfied. The purple grows closer, more clustered, more vibrant, more of them.

So much-
Trueself-
Power-

I'm blinded, I cant see anything but green and purple, the particles dancing over me and kissing my skin with force, determined to overtake-

The End.

The voices had given their last word.

Everything came crushing into me at once.

***

My hand flew to my heart as I jerked awake. Sweat pooled around me, my heart beating wildly.

It was the dead of the night, light from the moon streaming into my room and cloaking my bed, bathing the room in an eerie aesthetic.

It had never happened before, never. Every night it had just been empty.

But now the void was filled.

They wouldn't leave me, only kept coming for me. The feeling of them was tight on my body, engraved into my mind, making me on edge, different.

Everything was different.

It was a terrifying thought, imagining being trapped to something unknown. The dream seemed so strangely real, leaving my throat raw from my barely audible utters of help against a strangle and strings.