4 ~ The Night

All days come to an end.

It's a cycle that we constantly live in.

The gentle calming blue sky along with fluffy white clouds of hope and a bright light to remind us of the way always come...

and always go.

My birthday was coming to an end and Skeppy, Bad and Sam went home, Puffy joining them for an adult hang out. Sapnap and George were staying over to have one last hurrah with me before it was officially over.

"Do you guys wanna watch a movie?" I asked, sitting down on the great colourful pile of blankets and pillows we'd gathered together in the living room.

George glanced up at me from where he was huddled under a blue blanket, looking as if he was half asleep already. "Sure, what genre?"

"Genre?" Sapnap looked over at George, "Who on Earth says John-rah?"

"What? What's so wrong about saying genre?" George perked up a bit. "I don't see how it sounds so weird."

"John-rah? John-rar? George no one says genre like that."

"Dream make him stop." George turned to me. "Dream I can hear you giggling stop! You're supposed to be on my side!" He threw a cushion at me. "Keep doing that and I'll leave. I'll actually leave." He pouted and put his head down on his pillow, whining. "This isn't fair..."

"Oh c'mon now," I hugged the black and white pillow he'd thrown at me to my chest.

"No I actually will."

"George, I'm supposed to be your friend." I said quietly.

"Supposed to be?" George tried to whisper (failing). "Can't even reply to my eight ball games."

"Well I got three balls in one hit to end the game." I whispered back.

"Wow Dream your really good at balls dude," Sapnap inserted in a whisper too (much better than George's).

"No, take it- NO."

"WHAT? Sapnap your an idiot." George shot a look at him.

"What?" He replied innocently.

"Honestly Sapnap."

"It was funny."

"Just leave."

"George, shut up you british crooked tooth idiot. No one cares about you shut your mouth."

"Wh-"

I began wheezing as quietly as I could, trying to not make too much noise. Which was proving difficult, especially with how loud (George's) whispering was.

George threw another pillow at me and I threw it back. Sapnap grabbed one and threw it at George too.

"NO! Two vs one isn't fair-" George scream-whispered.

"George I'm gonna get you," Sapnap smirked and began jumping at him.

"Sapnap NO-"

Soon they were tackling each other to the floor and I was just sitting their laughing my ass off, clutching at my pillow as hard as I could.

I heard something fall to the floor. It was the TV remote, neither of which Sapnap and George had noticed fell. I smirked to myself, I could use this to my advantage. I grabbed the remote and quickly chose the movie whilst they got stuck underneath all the blankets.

"George get off me you stupid-"

"Wha- me?" George laughed, "You're the one that jumped on top of me!"

I rolled my eyes and got up. "I'm gonna go get the popcorn."

"Wait- GEORGE! STOP! YOU IDIOT DREAM GOT TO PICK THE MOVIE!"

"SAPNAP GET OFF ME- WE CAN CHANGE IT WHILE HE'S GONE-"

"WHERE IS IT?"

I chuckled to myself, clutching the remote in my hand as I walked out to the kitchen hearing them struggle in the other room. It was rather dark, but I didn't mind it.

I opened the cupboard and got the popcorn out, reading the instructions and putting it in the microwave.

I looked over to my left as I waited. The window was open to a starry black night, letting in a cool summer night breeze. I wandered over, trying to feel more of the air. It was calming; it felt so welcoming. I looked out into the black, identifying all the tiny white dots of hope in the darkness, and seeing something much bigger out too.

A full moon rested above, gently spreading its emotions. It waited up there, not as bright as its twin the sun, but still captivatingly breathtaking.

Surprisingly, I wasn't at all tired. I felt as if all my energy had been restored in that moment. As if the moon had given me its power to shine in the night. She had entrusted me with a great deal of calm. And I was willing to be there for her. I could stay here forever, just looking out to the night sky.

Or I could go out into the night.

Would it hurt, to wander aimlessly under a full moon? In here I was just looking out upon her. But out there I could bathe in its light, keep its energy within me. So many things would seem possible...

"Dream?"

I jumped a little and looked over my shoulder seeing George putting his hand into the microwave.

"This has been beeping for the past couple of minutes, are you okay?"

I faced him as he pulled the popcorn out and began putting it into a large bowl.

"Yeah... Sorry, just zoned out for a bit, I guess."

"I could tell." George chuckled.

I looked at him focused on the popcorn, thinking. Did I really just stop what I was doing to fantasise about the moon?

"You didn't answer my question." George had turned to look at me in the eyes now.

I looked straight back, thankful that he cared so much about me. "Yeah I'm okay. Just... thinking about some things. I don't exactly feel tired though which is strange. Normally I'd at least want to sit down for a bit but instead I want to just be going out." I leave out the part about the moon on purpose. It was a silly thing really.

George holds the popcorn and comes over, looking out the window when he comes up next to me. "Maybe you should have a drink, come sit with us and we'll watch the film together and then we'll see if you feel tired at all."

"Thanks George." I smile at him.

He smiles back, then looks out the window. "It's pretty out there."

I look too. "Yeah... probably one of my favourite views."

We stand for a moment.

"Except you of course." I wink and break out into a smile.

George laughs, going slightly pink and rolling his eyes. "C'mon, you can look at it another night, it will still be there tomorrow."

He begins walking out and I give the moon one last final glance before laying under a green blanket in the living room with George and Sapnap.

I hold onto what George said in the back of my mind.

It will still be there tomorrow.

***

Hello!! :3

I had to include the sleepover, it's one of my favourite ever moments of the dream team lol

1065 words

Have a good day/night, I love you all!

Thank you my beloveds <33

***

_Leelu_ina_Library_