5 ~ Questioning

George's POV:

I'm worried for Dream.

After I found him in the kitchen spacing out, we settled down into the blankets and huddled next to each other, Dream on my left and Sapnap on his left spreading out over two cushions, one purple and teal and the other a dark blue with a golden yellow on it.

(assuming of course you got the colours right- HEY ITS NOT MY FAULT I'M COLOURBLIND LEELU! And besides, you're the one writing it you could of just le- Shush gogy let me write the story- DONT CALL ME-)

It was a horror film.

"AHHHH!"

I ducked under the covers and threw my head into Dream's side. He chuckled and pulled the blankets up with his left hand to look at me. "I'll tell you when it's safe, alright?" He smiled comfortingly. His head lifted up over the blue and all I could see of him now was the soft white of his shirt. I had automatically wrapped myself around the slightly tanned skin of his right arm out of fear and on instinct, so I felt safer.

"AH! Hehe...hehe..." Sapnap's short high-pitched scream of terror - followed by a few giggles - was probably the highest and shortest scream yet. And according to Dream, the funniest.

Dream pulled the blanket down, "It's okay now, it's just a running scene."

I lifted my head a little and looked over. The girl on the screen was running through a darkly lit mansion corridor. I sat up some more just as she turned the corner to go through a door to a small closed off room.

The film music began to die off its layers, until it was left with not three, not two, but one long low note being played, droning on and on.

We all became tense as we waited for something, anything. This couldn't be good. Something was going to happen. And I didn't like it.

The girl walked backwards, the camera angle facing her as it moved forward with her movements. The girl turned to the wall. A painting.

It was silent.

Wait, what? Why is she in that room? What if the demon unlocks the door? Did she even lock it? What if they can travel through walls? They're made of smoke and darkness-

Dream lifted the blanket straight over my head and pulled me down into his chest just as I heard Sapnap scream again.

His heart was racing so fast I could feel it like it was my own. I glanced up and saw Dream had pulled himself under too, holding tight to me. But his face held no reaction. He hadn't laughed at Sapnap's scream or even let out a sound himself. He merely looked out of it, traumatised, even. As if he just found out some horrible news or was awoken from a nightmare that gave off such realism that he felt nostalgic.

This couldn't be a reaction to the film? Could it? This was something else entirely, surely. Dream was never like this: looking like he was so deep in a bad memory that he was out of the present. I was concerned, to say the least.

"Dream?" I spoke softly and raised a hand up to his head.

He was hot.

He blinked a few times and looked over at me, reacting to the contact my hand made.

"Dream, are you okay? You're really hot."

He stared into my eyes, breathing heavily for a few moments. I stared right back, showing all my worry and letting him know I was there for him.

His eyes were wide, the irises showing all their colour while the dark pupils were small. The lightest lime started around the centre and then faded into the colour of the grassy summer meadow just across from the forest we did manhunt in yesterday, then there was a more deep green just like the rich-scented pine trees that same forest held.