3 ~ New Age

I'd woken up at about 11 the next morning.

I was awake at about midnight when I had been sick. On the night of my eighteenth for God sake. It's absolute rotten luck.

Puffy took care of me and I felt much better. By the time I'd gotten all the rest that Puffy insisted didn't count as me oversleeping, I felt back to my usual self.

It was all a memory now. Or rather, it was a bad dream. Quite cliché considering my name. It had been merely a nightmare of sorts.

The day had been great; I was eighteen! George, Sapnap and their families came over and gave me presents and birthday wishes throughout the day, us being one big family that kept together and supported each other.

Soon I was told to sit and wait patiently for the cake to be brought out, everyone else standing. I smiled over at my friends in excitement and was about to say something when the lights went out.

A flame lighted and captured my attention. The fire flickered in front of me, whispers filling my ears.

Dream-

"Happy Birthday to you,"

Everything was so dark, just the fire was there. It was the only light. It waved, looking so small and innocent, moving so childlike in its lonely dance.

"Happy Birthday to you..."

There was a grow in the voices. But wasn't there only George, Sapnap, Puffy, Bad, Skeppy and Sam in the room with me? Six voices. Not more. I glanced quickly at the black around me, worried to see even the slightest hint of green or purple. Nothing came. Was I hallucinating again?

"Happy Birthday to Dream..."

I desperately searched for George's, Sapnap's, Puffy's, anyone's eyes in the darkness. It was only filled with more whispers, more joining in on the happy chant, more trying to break through to me, more bringing themselves to be in my life. There was only the darkness and the one light. One light and one life.

"Happy Birthday to you..."

A hush settled in their voices, going soft yet finishing on a minor note rather than the major, then sounding as if it needed to return back to the key note, leaving me with a diminished. It felt unfinished. Invaluable. Silence filled my ears.

The flame danced once, then twice. I waited, watching with an ache.

Something bubbled within me, small, itching to grow. The familiar taste of bile was becoming more and more apparant.

I zoned out in thought for a moment.

I'm overthinking this, right?

The flame continued moving under my sight.

I leaned forward.

I took a deep breath.

I blowed.

Void filled the room, endless and dark. A smell of smoke sneaked into my senses and I could feel some of it in the back of my throat. Claps began. A slight stumble could be heard from someone fumbling to find the light switch.

*click*

White. It was blinding.

I blinked a bit and felt a tough hand pat me on the back.

"Well done Dream," I turned to see Sapnap. "You're eighteen! Crikey, you can do so much more than me now. Don't think that just because of it you can get away without me beating your ass in manhunt tomorrow though."

He smirked, and I rolled my eyes light heartedly with a little laugh in return to him.

"If you can."

"We'll see, Happy Birthday dude." He chuckled and left to go round and sit back at his seat.

The cake was tall and covered in lime and white icing, smiles in black were dotted in many places and 'Dream' was written on top with 'Happy 18th Birthday'.

I looked over and saw the soft fur of Patches sat on the other side of the room. She was looking over in interest at what had gone on, probably wondering why a certain smell filled the room and what the flame had been about when the lights were out.

I moved my cake gently to line up a decoration of a fondant smile mask with a green bow on a stick with her curious face. I took a photo at just the right moment and couldn't keep my mischievous smile to myself.

"Dream is a cat boy confirmed?"

A giggle came from beside me. It was George.

"You're such an idiot."

He knew I didn't mean it, we always called each other idiots whenever one of us said something silly like that.

George looked at me with mischief in eyes. He raised his hands up to his shoulders and flopped them over with the sleeves of his sweater to make it seem like he had-

"NYA ichi ni san NYA arigato~"

I began wheezing as he used his 'paws' to make a dance. "What? No, stop, oh my god, you're so embarrassing," I rested my head in my hands. "No, actually, like you're such an idoit, George. Get off tiktok for once."

He smiled even more and took a teasing tone to his voice "No, I'm alright thanks. Happy Birthday cat bo-"

"GEORGE!"

He collapsed into a fit of giggles. "Happy - hic - Birthday Dream,"

I laughed harder till the point my voice went into a higher pitch. "After all that you got yourself the hiccups."

"It's not funny - hic - Dream."

I couldn't stop.

"Stoooop - hic - I'll call you cat - hic - boy."

***

Hey everyone!

Dream's photo from his insta^^^

I'm aware when they would of been kids, this tiktok trend probably wasn't about. (musically dayz who's an og 🤚🤪) But I wanted to. I only have one thing to say to this:

NYA~

894 words

Thank you my beloveds <3

***

_LeeLu_ina_Library_