castle on the hill (part 3) - deh

(a/n: so sorry for being so inactive lately! summer just started and i have been hanging out with my friends a lot lately. also, early this week my mental health has been pretty bad, but i'm better now! anyways enjoy this last part of the one shot!)
TW: cursing, drug use, and very intense actions!
♥︎♥︎♥︎
"one friend left to sell clothes."
♥︎♥︎♥︎
alana walked into the donation building to drop off her box of clothes she used to wear in high school. those clothes are now being sold at goodwill.
♥︎♥︎♥︎
"one works down by the coast."
♥︎♥︎♥︎
after jared finished working, it was 10pm at night. instead of walking to his car, he walked through the trees and to where the water is. he took his shoes off and put his feet in the water as he looked up at the dark sky.
♥︎♥︎♥︎
"one had two kids, but lives alone."
♥︎♥︎♥︎
evan and zoe accidentally gave birth to a pair of twins, one boy and one girl, during their first year of college.

evan decided to drop out of college to take care of the children because zoe had been a whole bitch about not having so much responsibility for everything. evan and his kids lived at a place for homeless families.

although zoe put evan into too much, evan really missed zoe.
♥︎♥︎♥︎
"one's brother overdosed."
♥︎♥︎♥︎
zoe rushed over to her brother's room in the hospital. when she got there, she saw her parents and miguel sitting at both sides of connor's bed.

she walked over and sat next to miguel. connor, who has and hour left to live after overdosing, turned his head and saw his sister. "zoe..."

"hey." zoe whispered, grabbing connor's hand.

"z-zoe. i-i love you."

tears started streaming down zoe's cheeks. "i love you too. i love you so so much. you were the best brother i could ever ask for. no matter how many times we fight, you were always there for me when i needed you." zoe cried.

connor closed his eyes and laid back as zoe kept holding onto his hand. larry held connor's other hand as cynthia held onto her husband's arm and leaned her head on his shoulder.

the hour passed and the heart rate monitor started beeping, with the line going straight and a question mark popped up on the screen.

after the nurse walked over and turned the monitor off, everyone bursted into tears. miguel took connor's hand and kissed it. cynthia leaned her head on the bed. larry and zoe had their hands resting on connor's arms.

they could've done something to save him.
♥︎♥︎♥︎
"one's already on his second wife."
♥︎♥︎♥︎
jared recently got married to his new girlfriend, sabrina patel, after cheating on alana with her the day after their wedding.
♥︎♥︎♥︎
"one's just barely getting by."
♥︎♥︎♥︎
evan hasn't been making any money lately after he broke up with zoe and dropped out of college.

him and his kids have less food and clothes.
♥︎♥︎♥︎
"but these people raised me and i can't wait to go home."
♥︎♥︎♥︎
jared, alana, miguel, evan, and his kids were all invited to connor's funeral.

when evan and the kids got there, they all saw zoe. zoe ran over and gave evan a huge hug. "zoe, i am sorry for leaving you." evan said, looking at zoe.

"no, i'm sorry for being so rude to you back then. but, i just graduated from college and maybe we could buy a new house together." zoe then crouched down and told her children, "hi! i'm your mommy!" the kids smiled ran into zoe's arms.

jared, alana, and miguel came over too, and they all did a group hug. "we are never splitting again." evan whispered.