best morning ever - deh and newsies

^ and hsmtmts :,D

totally not me writing about my amazing morning from yesterday into a one shot :,)
✰✰✰
sincerely, three
AU where the newsies and deh squad goes to westerberg high for high school, so let's just say the middle school they went to is called westburough middle school (i'm bad at making up school names so there's that LMAO)
also an AU where the kids of hsmtmts are in middle school lol
✰✰✰
like usual, evan arrived at school around 7:30am, about less than an hour before his first class starts at 8:15.

when he got to one of the benches in front of the school, the one he usually hangs out at, he saw connor and jared about to walk away.

"hey, evan!" jared said, greeting him with a punch in the shoulder. "connor and i are about to walk to westburough for a bit, if you wanna join us."

evan was surprised by this. he made a LOT of friends with the 6th graders when we was in 8th grade. now that those 6th graders are in 8th grade, the sophomore wanted to come back to visit them.

"OH MY GOD! DUHHHHHH!!" evan freaked out. "i wanna see my friends again! and especially les!" evan wasn't really close with les' brother, davey, nor any of davey's friends, even though they're all in the same grade, but evan was really close with les, his first and favorite 6th grade friend. but les wasn't his only 6th grade friend, he had so many 6th grade friends it was hard to count.

"alright, alright! let's go!" connor says.

before they left the school, jared walked over to davey's friend group and tapped on jack's shoulder, which questioned evan.

"hey guys, my buddies and i are taking a little stroll, do y'all mind watching our stuff?" jared asked them as he took off his backpack.

"of course, bro!" henry replied, taking his backpack and put it next the bench that they're hanging out at.

"yeah, you guys can just put your backpacks here." elmer says, since he's sitting at the end of the bench.

connor and evan nodded as they placed their backpacks with jared's before walking away.

you know, davey and his friends are kinda nice? maybe i could be more closer with them since i'm close with les. evan thought to himself.

the three of them walked to the crossing area, where there were really no cars.

"let's just walk here!" connor exclaims, jaywalking in the middle of the road while the crossing guard wasn't watching.

"oh god, are you crazy?" evan asked, nervously. but him and jared followed anyways. they get to the other side and passed the portable classrooms.

evan checked the time on his phone and it's 7:41, and the middle schoolers start at 7:55. his eyes widened and he started running away.

"evan, why are you running?" jared yelled, him and connor trying to catch up with him.

"because i really want to see my friends!" evan yelled back.

"i wanna see mine too!"

the three of them stopped running once they got to the gate, and slowed down so they can catch their breaths.