17 - heathers

(a/n: basically the song itself from heathers, but changing it up a bit, y'know?)
TW: mentions of guns, drugs, and death!
♥︎♥︎♥︎
jd x veronica
♥︎♥︎♥︎
"jd, what the hell?!" veronica yells after running away from the park with her so called "boyfriend".

"what? wasn't connor threatening you at school yesterday? and you don't want his gay ass boyfriend to get you in trouble? plus, we put fake suicide notes next to them so we don't get caught! we're good!" jd says.

"yeah, sure! they do hurt me, but you literally just made connor drink a frappe with drain cleaner in it and when miguel tried to stop you, you fucking shot him in the head!" veronica and jd stop walking. jd turns around to look at veronica. "what about zoe? and evan? and alana, and jared? they're my friends!"

"yeah, but they're also friends with fucking connor and miguel. and please! remember that one fight i had with those two in the cafeteria in front of everyone? HA! don't even!"

"okay, first of all. how did your mother die?" veronica asks.

jd sighs and looks at her. "i saw it. outside my house because my dad wanted me to stand out there." he crosses his arms. "i saw through the window. my mom stood there. and BANG! she's gone."

"oh. oh my god, i'm so sorry."

"it's okay, the pain gives me clarity. now come on, we've got a lot more to do!"

"do what?"

"making the world a decent place for decent people to live in!"

"w-when does it end?"

"WHEN EVERY FUCKING ASSHOLE IS DEAD!" jd yells. "if you're still friends with that one group who were also friends with people who threaten you, they should be gone!" he walks away.

"FINE!" veronica yells and jd stops. "we're really damaged, but that does not make us wise! we're not special, or different, and we don't CHOOSE who lives or dies."

jd turns around. veronica continues. "let's be normal. maybe we could watch hamilton on disney plus, sneak a beer in my house and binge watch the high school musical series. we'll make brownies or go bowling. don't you want a life with me?" veronica asks. "can't we be seventeen? is that so hard to do? if you could let me in. i could be good with you."

jd starts walking slowly.

"yeah. people like connor's friend group, or the heathers, or the plastics, or even ram and kurt, they do hurt us."

"or they vanish."

"and yeah, you're right. it does blow. but we let go."

"and take a deep breath."

"and go buy some summer clothes. we'll go camping and climb trees."

"play some poker?"

"yeah! and go on a date to joe's diner and order some chili fries. maybe you could be my date on prom night."

"and have our dance."

"don't stop looking in my eyes!"

"your eyes!" jd continues walking to veronica, who was holding out a hand to him.

"can't we be seventeen? is that so hard to do? if you could let me in! i could be good with you!" jd takes veronica's hand and kisses it, squeezing it tightly. "let us be seventeen, if we still got the right!"

"so what's it gonna be?" veronica cups jd's face in her hands, with jd's resting on her hips. "i wanna be with you."

"i wanna be with you too!"

"tonight!" veronica kisses jd. they make out for a few seconds, until veronica pulls away.

"yeah, we're damaged." veronica sighs.

jd nods. "really damaged."

"but your love is too good to lose."

"hold me tighter." veronica raps he arms around jd, resting her head on his chest.

"even closer." jd hugs her back tight, resting his chin on top of her head.

"i'll stay if i'm what you choose." veronica closes her eyes.

"can't we be seventeen?"

"if i am what you choose."

"if we still got the right."

"cause you're the one i choose."

jd and veronica kiss one more time and their foreheads lean against each other.