Chapter 3: Eilsar

After landing well past the war zone, Misha immediately let go and collapsed to the ground. "Could you not have warned me!?" Misha objected.

"I didn't think you'd agree to it if I did." Nef said as she extended her hand to Misha. Misha took her hand and Nef lifted her up.

"You make a fair point." Misha said as she brushed herself off. Nef looked into the war zone and saw the massive collection of bodies. They were everywhere, littering the field like snow. "So many people died here." Nef said.

"Yeah. I'm not sure why they were even fighting." Misha said.

"Land probably."

"Yeah, that makes sense... though, why would they bring so much artillery and weaponry if it was just for some tiny island in the middle of nowhere?"

"That is a fair point."

"Do you think there's anything else an outside military might want? Anything Eli mentioned?" Misha asked.

"Well... they might have wanted Eli's people. From what Eli's told me, they must be gifted with exceptional nen abilities. The two opposing forces wanted to claim Eli's people as soldiers or slaves, or just take their nen if possible. They fought and killed each other. I doubt Eli's people even knew there was a war going on." Nef said.

"I guess that makes sense."

Misha then looked at Nef and eyed her curiously. Nef saw the looks and said, "What is it?"

"Well... I'm curious. Did you... did you eat humans?" Misha asked.

Nef let out a sigh and said, "I used to. Though, ever since Eli came, I... I've hated myself for it." She looked away from Misha out of shame. Misha went closer and placed their hand on Nef's shoulder.

"Hey, don't worry about it. You... you still have the chance to make up for it. You can change things for the better."

"Thank you, Misha." Nef said with a smile. Right then, Cheetu came running up to them. "Hey guys." He said. "Hey." Misha said.

"Komugi. Are you okay?" Nef asked.

"Yes, I'm fine, though... a little nauseous." She said.

"Alright. Let's walk for a little bit." Nef said.

Cheetu let down Komugi and the four of them started walking together. "This place is kind of nice, other than the horrific dead place full of bodies behind us." Cheetu said.

"If you look past that... it is a pretty place. The land is plentiful, and relatively peaceful, if you find the right place to live." Misha said.

"What do you mean?" Cheetu asked.

"Well, the first time I landed on this island, the wildlife wasn't very friendly. I happened to land next to a beast's home. I managed to survive, as you can tell, but I had to flee to where my current camp is."

"I see... let's hope we don't run into anything too vicious out here." Cheetu said.

After a bit of walking in the vast, empty, grassy field, they found a small patch of trees. "Trees?" Cheetu said.

"Yes, Cheetu. Those normally occur in nature." Misha said sarcastically. Cheetu just stuck his tongue out in response. "Should we investigate?" Misha asked Nef. Nef seemed to have taken on the role as leader, or at least was elected to be the leader by the others.

"I don't know..." Nef said. She wanted to get the quest to save Eli and her family started as quickly as possible.

"You want to hurry up and finish our goal, don't you?" Cheetu asked her.