Epilogue

Eli, Nef, and Cheetu all moved on to right the wrongs all over again. Upon reaching Eli's home, they were met with indifference. Some were jealous that Eli was released from Shroud, while everyone else was still trapped. However, Eli's family greeted them all happily, and treated them with kindness, including Misha, who happily agreed to aid them on their journey, for a few reasons of her own. After a brief celebration, they made their way to the northern end of the island to take on the Shade Mother and its guardian once more. Before they moved in, Nef took a week to train Eli and get his nen strong enough for him to hold his own. She didn't allow him to continue until he was able to defeat a pack of those stone creatures lurking in the savannah on his own. It took a few days, but he was eventually able to do it. Once he was done, they stormed the spire and took down the Shade Mother together.

After returning to Eilsar, they were greeted as heroes for freeing them from their curse. Everyone personally apologized to Eli for their harsh treatment. There was a festival planned to celebrate the coming of everyone's freedom, but Eli's group wasn't able to attend, as they'd already spent too much time on the island, and they still had another evil to remove. They went for the war zone, finding masks for everyone to wear, and headed in to fight the living corpses. Cheetu, Misha, and Eli held off the army, and allowed Nef to fight off the source. She managed to pin it down and suffocate it in the thinner part of the fog. With its final death, the nen faded, and the war zone was released from the nen curse.

With that done, the group headed for Yorknew and went directly to Mr. Reid. Nef, Cheetu and Misha showed him what they were. They informed him on the other timeline, and Nef thanked him for his help. After that, they stormed the meat-packing plant and took down the poachers and rescued Pennie. Reid and Raymond must have thanked them a thousand times that day. This time around, the poachers were left alive. They were all arrested and sentenced to life in prison. Reid allowed the group to have anything they wanted in return for their help. Nef had him loan them his airship so Eli could see the world from a new perspective. He enjoyed it just as much as Nef knew he would.

While Eli was enjoying himself, Nef made a call. She called Hisoka to inform him on Eli's condition. Nef was relieved to find that Hisoka was no longer interested in Eli. He said that a friend had called in a favor, and after that he had another prey to hunt. He believed that he would be adequately entertained for the foreseeable future. After Nef hung up, she breathed a sigh of relief and told Eli the news.

As for the others that were affected by the alternate timeline, their lives were shifting as well. Mr. Reid eventually found a quiet, solitary location to build his city for the Chimera Ants. They settled in well, and began their new lives. Mr. Reid, with their permission, turned Eli's group's story into a novel. The story quickly became popular and flew off of shelves. However, none of the money went to Mr. Reid himself. Instead, it all went to the Chimera Ant city and its people. Raymond moved into the Chimera Ant city with Pennie, and raised her like any father would. He raised her, protected her, and made sure she got an education. Pennie grew up a healthy and happy girl.

Silva Zoldyk, just as Gon and Hisoka did, retained his memories from the other timeline. However, he didn't reveal that to the rest of his family. He felt that there was no need, as he knew that as long as he left Nef and her friends alone, they would leave him alone, and in any case, the Zoldyk family had their hands full with another issue that was arising. Killua was attempting to free his younger sibling, Alluka, who had been hidden from the rest of the world due to their powerful, and very dangerous ability... granting wishes. As for the Troupe, they kept to themselves, continuing their heists and general thievery, until a certain magician demanded a battle to the death with their leader. The result was quite deadly.

The King, Meruem, as part of the deal with chairman Netero, vanished, along with Pouf, Youpi, and Komugi. Nobody is entirely sure where they went, but Nef occasionally gets letters with four names signed at the bottom, two of them signed in the same hand writing. However, something quite perplexing happened. Chairman Netero vanished as well. Before the meeting at the palace, Gon told Netero of his death in the other timeline. There are certain events that require Netero's death before they can occur, and Netero felt that they needed to occur. So, he vanished, never to be seen again. However, it wasn't without a trace. He sent a letter to the Hunter's Organization, simply stating, "Assume that I've died."