Chapter 18: Rage

Nef and Cheetu were well inside the city now. The Zoldyk manor sat inside a forest at the edge of the town, separated from everything else. The two stuck to alleys and back streets to avoid being seen. Nef was crouched at the end of an alley way looking for any signs of danger. "What are you looking for?" Cheetu asked.

"Anyone that might be spying on us. The Zoldyks are assassins, so they pride themselves on gathering information. Seeing how wealthy they are, they probably have servants of some kind. They have to be all over the city looking for us."

"Could you use your en to find them?"

"Not without exposing us." Nef said. They kept moving towards the edge of the city. "Once we get to the entrance to the Zoldyk's property, we'll have to expose ourselves. I don't think there's any way around it." Nef said.

"I guess not. I've got your back though." Cheetu said confidently.

"I know you do. Thank you, Cheetu."

"We... we're really close now. Close to ending this." Cheetu said.

"Yeah... we are. If I can get both Zeno and Silva, then this'll be over. We can get everyone back." She was trying not to get her hopes up, but she couldn't help it.

"Hey, Nef." Cheetu said.

"Yes?" Nef asked.

"I doubt that I'll be able to go back with you when you travel, so I won't remember anything that's happened."

"What's wrong?" Nef asked.

"Well... since I won't be able to say it when you go back, I'm going to say it now. I... I liked being your brother. And, uh... thanks for trusting me to be with you on this little adventure of ours."

"Of course, Cheetu." Nef said happily.

"The old me probably isn't going to be as humble as I am right now. Don't be afraid to give me a swift kick in the ass if I get too cocky, okay?" Cheetu requested.

"I'd do it any way."

"I'm sure you would." Cheetu said, a little afraid for his past self.

Before the conversation could continue, Nef got a call. It was a number she didn't recognize. She picked up and said, "Hello?"

"Neferpitou! Good, I got a hold of you." Said an unfamiliar voice.

"Who is this? How did you get this number?" Nef demanded.

"Hey, hey, hey! Calm down! I work for Reid. He couldn't get to the phone, so he had me call you."

"Prove it." Nef said.

"You're currently being accompanied by your brother, Cheetu. You're on a mission to revive your brothers, Pouf and Youpi, your King, and your friend Eli, and now your other friend, Misha."

"Why did you call me?" Nef asked.

"There's an abandoned building in the city. Reid left a dead drop there. It's full of information about the Zoldyks and their home. I'm sending you the location now." The man said. The location showed up in Nef's phone. She hung up without saying anything.

"What is it?" Cheetu asked.

"Information. It's in a building not far from us. Let's go."

As Nef said, it wasn't far, and they made it there in no time. It was a simple, one floor building. The windows were smashed, and the door hung ajar. Weeds had grown in front of the door, telling Nef it hadn't been opened in quite some time.

"This is the place?" Cheetu asked.

"Yeah. I'll go in and find the dead drop. Do you mind staying out here and watching for enemies?" Nef asked.