Chapter 1: In the Apocalyptic Future

My back is in contact with the grassy ground. My arms reaching in my outward directions. Same goes with my legs. It feels as if I'm the starfish lying on the rocks of the seas or perhaps being stuck on the glass of the aquarium.

That's how I feel right now. Paralyzed. Nothing to see except blackness. I start thinking of the last memories that had happened before I see nothing but darkness.

Flashback

My head turned and saw Shadow along with Runa and her five chao friends. But my eyes focused on Shadow himself. I gasped excitedly and ran to him with my arms opened ready to hug him,"Shadow! I knew you would come for me!"

However, I felt a punch on my right cheek. Then, I felt a kick on my stomach bringing me to the ground. Once I turned to Shadow with my pleading expression, he had a complete death glare shooting at me. I then looked at my hands landing on the grassy ground.

"WHAT?!?!?!" I shouted in reaction as I looked at him into his eyes. Then, my pleading expression had a hint of damsel in distress. "WHY DON'T YOU CARE FOR ME, SHADOW?! WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME?!"

"First, I don't even know you personally. Second, I hate you BECAUSE OF HOW YOU TREATED YOUR OWN SISTER!!!" he answered angrily.

"But, Shadow! I-It was just a misunderstanding! I—" I started as I stood up and trying to sound innocent.
"No, it's not!" Shadow said still glaring at me. "Runa told me everything, so I wouldn't buy your damsel in distress."

Then, Runa stepped forward and gave me a slight glare with a hint of concern in her eyes. "Shadow is right. That's also not how you treat your own sister. Like I said before, a true family knows what's best for each other. If that's how you treat me nowadays, then I exile you from the family, the cottage and the world forever!"

Then, she signaled her currently known boyfriend,"Ready, Shads?"

He nodded in definite agreement with a smirk on his face.

Then, she signaled her chao friends,"Ready, guys?"

"Chao-chao!", they nodded in definite agreement.

That's when the five chao, Shadow and Runa readied their battle stance, then they head over and punched my stomach. All at once. They somehow sent me flying. Somehow, I ended up in... nowhere. Nowhere but blackness.

End of Flashback

Then, all of a sudden, waves of vibration are sent down my spine. It feels as if someone is coming to rescue me. Or possibly make my eyes open to see reality. After a few moments of feeling these kind of waves, a voice rings in my ear. It somehow feels vaguely familiar.

"Hey, Leyah. You okay?"

I fluttered my eyes open. The gray clouds are the first things I can see. I then, rise into a sitting position. My other hand is still laying on the grass beside me for support. My right hand moves to my forehead to clear up my vision.

Once it becomes clear, I turn to my right. Surprisingly, Silver the Hedgehog is standing before my eyes.

"Silver, what are you doing here?" I ask him.

"I was gonna ask you the same thing!" replies Silver.

"I..." I start looking around my surroundings. Smoke. Flames. Trees with no leaves. Withered plants. Oily and sewer-like waters. Buildings in ruins. A cloudy atmosphere. "I don't know."

Those surroundings make me wonder...

"Where am I?" I ask him. "Is this...?"

"The future," Silver finishes my sentence.

"I guess so," I say as my head turned to him. "I think I can tell by what happened here."

"It's true," says Silver as he turns my back on me, but I feel fine as long as he has some... concerning going on. "There's nothing I experienced here in my time. All that matters to me is saving the world, plus saving the future. In fact, I wish there's something like peace and happiness." He then, looks down, probably in disappointment or maybe in a desired one, but not in a good way. "Everything my friends experienced should be here in my time."

"Really?" I ask him full of concern.

"Yeah. But thanks to my good friend, Blaze, I get to experience a few things," says Silver.

I then look at the sight of the ruined city. It feels like as if there's an apocalypse going on. Although, I prefer magnificent cities like Central City, I also have to get used to surviving natural disasters especially when it comes to apocalyptic worlds like this. With that being thought, I turn back to Silver.

"Let's go find a good place to rest. Then, we'll see what inspiration we have to save the world," I suggest to him.

Silver's head immediately whips back at me. "We will?"

"Of course!" I say enthusiastically. "This is only one way to find out what caused your time to be like this, then the future will remain peaceful and happy."

Suddenly, I'm tensed by the sudden impact Silver is giving me. He engulfs me into a hug, "Thank you, Leyah. I really appreciate it."

After hearing his words, I wrap my arms around him back. "No problem, Silver! No problem!"

It lasts for a while before we pull away. Then, we start looking for a shelter to stay in. He even gives me a tour of his future world. One time, I encountered a flyer that has a picture of a sunset orange dress that lays up until my legs. I've always wanted to buy this fabulous outfit, but I don't know if it's still available in this time. Both Silver and I know we're going to buy this dress. One day.